IGNORED

Odd Nosdam - LIF

fumi

You can stream the whole album now at xlr8 - https://www.xlr8r.com/news/2017/07/premiere-stream-odd-nosdams-stunning-new-album-in-full/

The album, titled LIF, follows 2015's Music For Raising LP and references a bulk of the Anticon co-founder's work as a solo artist and in groups such as cLOUDDEAD and Reaching Quiet, as well as various Anticon releases. Across ten emotive cuts, and with a sonic palette that has wound its way through effects chains that include tremolos, tape-delays, space echoes, and distressors, LIF hypnotizes the listener, layering loop upon loop to mirror the torrential rainfall the Bay Area was receiving during the time of recording. Through these hazy and foggy pieces of ambient bliss, Odd Nosdam pulls the listener into waves of meditation, confusion, and beauty.

https://nosdam.bandcamp.com/album/lif

^ this covers most vaporwave labels of note. some of the big ones are no longer around, some of the labels on there that are really good (even better than DC arguably) like Orange Milk or Beer On The Rug aren't vaporwave labels but instead labels that put out vw along with other stuff. As great as many of these are I don't think any have come close to the acclaim and attention DC has garnered.

oops wrong tab!

gave this a listen and need to do another one, I enjoyed it but it seemed a bit "lite" - as if there were sketches or something. that's not unusual for his releases though, he puts out very AS bump esque tracks a lot (been checking him out a lot lately, helps me lay off repeats of BoC over and over again and he has a kind of decayed, desolate but warm vibe to his stuff that I like a lot)

Archived