IGNORED

Field Day 2018

scumtron

Going to London the first weekend of june. Looking for some action on friday while waiting for my friends. Just realized that its Field Day June 1st and 2nd. Saturday is loaded with god stuff (Cornelius, Four Tet, Fever Ray, Floating Points, Daphni, James Holden, Nils Frahm, Mt Kimbie) but Friday seems to be quite different. Except Erykah Badu, Jeff Mills and Madlib I haven't heard of anything. Is it somehow a different concept on friday? Not sure if I'm old or if friday is just crap.

Full friday list:

Erykah Badu, Aaron L (Stamp The wax), Beauty & The Beat, Brilliant Corners Brownswood DJ's, Children of Zeus, Church Of Sound, Donna Leake, The Comet is Coming, Ezra Collective, Ghost Notes, Gilles Peterson, Hailu Mergia

Jazz Re:Freshed, Jordan Rakei, Jeff Mills and Tony Allen, Lee Fields & The Expressions, Loyle Carner, Madlib, Mafalda, Mammal Hands, Masego, Matthew Halsall DJ Set (Gondwana Records), Moses Boyd, Moses Sumney, Mr Jukes, NAO, Noble & Heath, Nubya Garcia, Obongjayar, Sons of Kemet, Sudan Archives, Total Refreshment Centre, Worldwide FM, Yazmin Lacey,Zara Macfarlane

• 3 months later...

@fairuzosman: Didn't go. I listened to some of the friday stuff, but nothing was really my cup of tea. I guess friday was more experimental/jazzy/world music kinda stuff, while saturday was more IDM´ish. 

@beerwolf: Really? Asking for recommendations from a list of festival artists? Oh well. :cerious:

Archived