IGNORED

Sound module plugin question

kcinsu

Kind of a complex question.

First off, I was wondering if there are any plugins that are just like a triton, or motif. Basically a rompler plugin that covers all the basics. I havent heard of one... sure there are samplers, but then you have to buy different libraries, and they are usually specific instruments. I was thinking, when doing commercial gigs, things like tritons and motifs are great because they have very useable sounds that you can just lay down. no tweaking, or sifting through various plugin synths or samplers. All there, ready to bang out something for a commercial for example.

however, they cost alot, and have to be recorded eventually, to do effects, mix, and finally, record as a 2 track file. if there was a plugin, you would have all of the sounds in one interface, that you could just load up and go. as far as I know, there is nothing like this, and I think i could be a useful tool for commercial producers.

ok, so second question. if I have a triton, for example, could I sample all the sounds, and make sampler instruments with them, then sell my triton, and keep using the sounds to construct tracks? is there some kind of liscencing argeement that you can only use the sounds if you use them from the keyboard?

I mean, the triton and motif sounds are kind of industry standards for commercial stuff... but they cost alot, and take up a lot of space, and still have to be recorded... it would just seem to make sense to have plugin versions, with just the sounds to use. (although this would probably take away sales from the hardware...) but what do you think?

Hmmm. There are some nice romplers/GM modules in VST form, Hypercanvas being one. I dont know how this matches up to the triton or anything. The cool thing about software is you can focus on only the samples you want, get new extensions for different romplers only in the area you need and you will have them for cheaper than paying for a GIANT set of shit you only will use 10% of. Something like a Proteus would be a good investment, I think there are software versions too. I dont know if anything matches the immensity in the software realm of something like the triton, im not familiar with this area at all.

http://luxonix.com/home/en/

Both Purity and Ravity aim to replace a Triton-like sound module/rompler with a VST....

Id also be willing to sell you a barely used Alesis QS6 that's been sitting in my closet for almost 10 years! Even has a Vintage synth PCMCIA card in it! Supercheap, I swear! (j/k, this is nowhere near the level of quality you'd get from the Triton... or probably even that Luxonix VST).

Guest Promo

They must be very slow running in VST format I would have thought.

I think Kontakt really has taken over the role of the Rompler and taken it to the next level. I use to use Giga quite a bit but now I'm using Kontakt and although I can't play notes in realtime on my old pc (333mhz); I can get away usually with about 5/6 channels of sounds plus 2/3 fx with it running in Cubase VST.

I definitely think a good sampling source of free high quality samples is lacking on the internet these days. I think a problem I'm beginning to notice in my tunes is that a lot of the sounds I've used have come from mp3 and really I need to use wavs.

get the korg legacy edition. there's the wavestation and m1 that are definetly what you're looking for.

well, holy shit. I thought the korg legacy collection was just the MS-20 thingy... I didnt realize they had different editions. Thats hot. All the different expansion cards, and only $150. Thats a steal! I'm not gonna get it now, but when I start getting commercial gigs, I'm so getting this.

Thanks for the info!

Archived