IGNORED

Growing Flow

^oof just reminding me that i've got a big chunk of MGF samples that i forgot about, need to load them onto my Rytm! 

not sure about any of these tho, i skimmed through a four or five on page one, and this ambient one here is finding my ears a bit better but still they all sorta feel like just messing about i guess? not sure if they're supposed to be 'experiments' but that's the vibe i'm getting usually....last minute or so of this one Rlpmmc is good tho for sure, like where it gets to there :)

8 hours ago, webby said:

Thanks for listening chronical, darreichungsform and BCM!

This new track is my first attempt at using the Elektron Octatrack to make a non-beat oriented ambient piece. For samples I used Mesh Gear Fox's JX3P Vol 1 Sample Pack.

Watch out! The spook police is here to spook you!

Ehm, I feel like I'm just repeating myself at the moment because I wrote the same thing like 15 minutes ago about another track. But I don't really know where you were going with this so I can't really comment on it as a piece of music so I'll just comment on the mix and the sounds instead.
Those harsh noise samples that are playing from the beginning and until 1:04 and then again at 1:11 are rubbing me the wrong way simply because they don't seem to fit into the soundscape you're building. The noise sounds incredibly low fi almost as if it was an 8kHz sample and that doesn't really blend together with the smooth pad that's playing in the background. It's like you were painting with two different kinds of paint and they don't really mix. The pad sounds super hi-fi. Like *chef's kiss* smooth and nice whereas the noise just kinda barges in and destroys the smoothness. Either go full lo-fi or full hi-fi.

Archived