IGNORED

anyone else bored of acid?

Guest yanG

Guest Death and Taxes

i'm complaining because i cant even walk to the bathroom without tripping over an acid track that was posted on watmm. it's a pollution of some sort.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so ... you guys are complaining because there's TOO MUCH free music to download on WATMM??

it's called market oversaturation, but that's all i know because i haven't learned anything to do with business :cat:

so ... you guys are complaining because there's TOO MUCH free music to download on WATMM??

no we're complaining because there's too much shit music on watmm.

doing acid correctly is a fuck site harder than people seem to imagine.

opm

Word, It's like watmm has spawned 30 new Chris Moss's that all spew out 6 "acidtracks" a day and post every single one of them in YLC..

is that a diss?

sure sounded like one to me........ :ermm:

i just thought of a good idea. Is anyone interested in hearing generative computer composed acid?

Im going to make a patch in reaktor or msp that does this and automatically uploads new songs to Watmm every week under the guise of a new poster.

i just thought of a good idea. Is anyone interested in hearing generative computer composed acid?

Im going to make a patch in reaktor or msp that does this and automatically uploads new songs to Watmm every week under the guise of a new poster.

baha.

good 'ol fashion subversion. :thumbsup

Guest Kazuo

I think Acid will never be completely boring. Creative Acid music (like some of the Analord tracks) does with synth-lines what drill'n'bass does with drums (tweaking and squelching everything around and so). It's just that too many people imitate the old acid sound with a standard acid line, some 909 drumming and cutoff/reso/env manipulation. If it's well done it may be entertaining but often it's just boring boring boring.

I think modern Acid is a general approach in using subtractive synthesizers and sequencers, it's a certainl sound, but it hasn't got necessarily sth to do with a 303 or a 120-bpm-909-4-to-the-floor beat. Listen to "Cock/Ver10", listen to the tracks on "Selectionsixteen"... this stuff isnt pure oldschool Acid, but is has strong influences.

Archived