IGNORED

anyone else bored of acid?

Guest yanG

I decided to try my hand at Acid after the Acid contest on here, and after listening to Analord a fair bit. One reason I wanted to try it was because I hadn't really been all that into most of what I heard, and I wanted to see if I could come up with something more suited to my taste. There's usually parts of good Acid tracks that I really like, but more often than not I'm left wanting something more. Anyway, it was fun to experiment with, but it's not something I could see myself creating/listening to all that regularly. It's still fun every now and again.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EDIT: given that most tracks people produce have acid in the title, it's not exactly difficult to ignore them if you are so sick of them is it? :grin:

personally, I ignore any tracks that appear to have some link with BoC or autechre, because it doesn't interest me. I suggest you grow up and realise PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES. :)

is that like, any electronic music that focuses on melody, atmosphere, synthesis and/or percussion rather than squelchy bass/80s roland instruments?

EDIT: given that most tracks people produce have acid in the title, it's not exactly difficult to ignore them if you are so sick of them is it? :grin:

personally, I ignore any tracks that appear to have some link with BoC or autechre, because it doesn't interest me. I suggest you grow up and realise PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES. :)

Please pm me with a list of all of the tracks you ignore, because I want to hear them.

Guest Death and Taxes
it's an ignore list, is that what you want? i don't have a mailing list!

oh. you'd really do ignores on request? i suppose i could use some publicity. so if you don't mind, yeah that would be great, ty. nothing personal of course.

it's becoming very boring

out of the 10 'acid' tracks posted in YLC 8 are not only shite but not 'acid' 1 is usually truly awful and 1 is reasonable.

i've said it before and i'll say it again - just cos it's got a 303 in it doesn't make it acid!

mo

PS coming from the Acid Hooligan this is indeed fucked up, early 90's hoover sounds is where it's at now.

Guest Ant Acid

it's an ignore list, is that what you want? i don't have a mailing list!

oh. you'd really do ignores on request? i suppose i could use some publicity. so if you don't mind, yeah that would be great, ty. nothing personal of course.

haha no, i only ignore people whose posts wind me up, it makes using the board a much nicer experience for me!

Guest Death and Taxes

yes of course.

well not much of the winding up type, so, well, alright then :grin:

Guest Ant Acid

:) no need to ignore you then!

-----------------------------------

there's a massive backlash going on against acid in this forum, i think it's funny how some people are so concerned about what's fashionable and what's not. i only started making acid because there was a competition on here! and i had access to a 303

what i don't get is that you've got 2 acid-makers on your list, Mr. Modular and cash madrid jive

:) no need to ignore you then!

-----------------------------------

there's a massive backlash going on against acid in this forum, i think it's funny how some people are so concerned about what's fashionable and what's not. i only started making acid because there was a competition on here! and i had access to a 303

i've got nothing against acid, i like it. i was replying to your negative post about music i also like.

Guest Promo

Well I couldn't just sit there and make acid all day 'cause that would bore my socks off. I like to do all different styles of music and put my own stamp on them.

i think what i like about acid is that it emphasized qualities that a lot of more "modern" styles do not. it's all about doing more with less, and the intensity / headfuckness of individual sounds. it's minimal, but not too minimal, etc.

granted, it's trendy now, but who cares? no one here is trying to get signed to labels writing acid, right (i hope)? we could all use an injection of the more concise, classic qualities of house music anyway, if you ask me.

the last time i took it was in 98 after a 3 year hiatus

actually i had sworn blind i`d never touch the stuff again but i think i maybe coming back round to it

hippy bufoon tim leary did his best to kill any credibile research into it

but i think the scientific community is slowly coming round to the legitimacy of serious research into what is possibly the most profound and important discovery of the 20th century

:rdjgrin:

Guest Ant Acid
i think what i like about acid is that it emphasized qualities that a lot of more "modern" styles do not. it's all about doing more with less, and the intensity / headfuckness of individual sounds. it's minimal, but not too minimal, etc.

granted, it's trendy now, but who cares? no one here is trying to get signed to labels writing acid, right (i hope)? we could all use an injection of the more concise, classic qualities of house music anyway, if you ask me.

once i get a good selection of track ideas(4 or 5), i'll make them into full tracks and release an EP - i'm upto idea number 38 at the moment - when iv'e 50 of em i'll choose the best 4 or 5.

out of the 10 'acid' tracks posted in YLC 8 are not only shite but not 'acid' 1 is usually truly awful

I bet that was my "Stupid Acid" track. He he he. God, it was so rubbish.....funny though.....I was only messing about like....

Guest Camphor

yo, yo, yo check me the fuck out biaaaaaatchshizAfrican Americanlz

there are maybe 4 or 5 good acid tunes, one of them was on analord.

too much shitty took-as-long-to-record-as-it-does-to-play-back bollocks acid 'albums' produced in 60 minutes by idiots with reaktor or whatever

ok folks, peace the fuck out

Guest DrHat

this thread inspired me

here is my first ever attempt at an acid track

Folic Acid

i put "acid" in the title so people can ignore it

no, wait, i did that because i like puns.

Guest yan_g

thing is, if you have several filters, that leads you to pages backwards and makes it pretty difficult to review tracks. i skip boc related topics as much as i can too, and soundclick accounts. myspace is often down, sometimes it's so haaaaaard to avoid acid :omg:

but well :)

Archived