IGNORED

anyone else bored of acid?

Guest yanG

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Promo

Yeah but Yan man you've never made any acid tunes have you or have you? I mean I don't think its really your bag is it. I would admit I was kinda gettin' bored of it as its been gettin' a bit overkill on the board recently. However I could never not love acid - no way!! To me its like any genre there is good and bad acid. If a tune is phat then its phat. I think it has got a little overkill recently but no I could never go off acid.

Guest getting photons

I find the only thing I can make with reason is 90's acid house.

Four to the floor is fun.

I'm actually bored of it myself for the time being. I think there's definitely been an overkill lately. There are some fantastic tunes being made, but a lot of shit too...I'm trying to concentrate on different stuff at the moment.

I'll always love acid, but you can definitely have too much... :fear:

P.S. Yan g - all my latest tunes have been acid free! Check in my sig. Apart from Hot Hail, but even that's not strictly "acid".

Guest cosmonaut

don't mind teh acid tunes at all but it's totally been the in thing recently. not a fan of making it, but i'll listen. every now and then some really nice acid comes out of ekt.

Guest Ant Acid

analord has turned on a new generation onto acid, promo is correct, if a tune is hot, it's always hot! I prefer it to the endless variations on boc/autechre/drill and bass :)

Guest Mr. Magoo

"You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Mr. Magoo, cash madrid jive, mr modular, mosca, iep and kaen due to their bullying"

i never abused anyone, but do what you want, love ;)

nahh just fuckin' wit ya.

i'm bored of the "it has a 303 therefore it's great" attitude, as well as most acid house, but that aside i like the acid sound in general, especially when it's used creatively

Guest greenbank

i'm bored of all the horrible 'acid' tunes in here that have been knocked out in a couple of hours and posted straight onto the forum with 'OMGGGG LISTEN TO MY FUCKING KILLER AACID SHIZZLE' and then i listen and its the limpest software 303 i've ever heard doing a wasp in a bottle shitty buzz along the path of the worlds most uninteresting and non-flowing 'acid' melody with some poorly produced tinny beats. does no-one wait a week to let a track settle and get over the just-finished enthusiasm and see if its actually worth embarassing yourself with? there's plenty of stuff on here thats not that bad by any means but its totally diluted with crap. please spend more than 5 seconds making a track and when you're finished CUT OUT ALL THE SHIT BITS - if you've gone and self indulgently jammed away on your PC for a 30 minute acid workout then please don't expect me to want to listen to all the bits where you were busy leaving it looping while going off and opening watmm and starting writing the over enthusiastic post you're going to make about how ace your tune is.

uhhh this may seem a bit harsh but i've got a hangover and i'm cranky so whatever.

i'm bored of all the horrible 'acid' tunes in here that have been knocked out in a couple of hours and posted straight onto the forum with 'OMGGGG LISTEN TO MY FUCKING KILLER AACID SHIZZLE' and then i listen and its the limpest software 303 i've ever heard doing a wasp in a bottle shitty buzz along the path of the worlds most uninteresting and non-flowing 'acid' melody with some poorly produced tinny beats. does no-one wait a week to let a track settle and get over the just-finished enthusiasm and see if its actually worth embarassing yourself with? there's plenty of stuff on here thats not that bad by any means but its totally diluted with crap. please spend more than 5 seconds making a track and when you're finished CUT OUT ALL THE SHIT BITS - if you've gone and self indulgently jammed away on your PC for a 30 minute acid workout then please don't expect me to want to listen to all the bits where you were busy leaving it looping while going off and opening watmm and starting writing the over enthusiastic post you're going to make about how ace your tune is.

uhhh this may seem a bit harsh but i've got a hangover and i'm cranky so whatever.

lol, right on. it's what most of us were thinking.

Guest Mr. Modular

Word, It's like watmm has spawned 30 new Chris Moss's that all spew out 6 "acidtracks" a day and post every single one of them in YLC..

Guest Ant Acid

EDIT: given that most tracks people produce have acid in the title, it's not exactly difficult to ignore them if you are so sick of them is it? :grin:

personally, I ignore any tracks that appear to have some link with BoC or autechre, because it doesn't interest me. I suggest you grow up and realise PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES. :)

Guest greenbank

i'm totally not sick of acid, just tired of people not quality controlling their own work and posting so often that i can't possibly have time to listen to all their stuff.

i've made a few acidish tunes myself but have posted very few because most of them are shite.

Word, It's like watmm has spawned 30 new Chris Moss's that all spew out 6 "acidtracks" a day and post every single one of them in YLC..

Er, I hope I don't do this? Do I? Like I said, I'm trying to knock it on the head for a bit and concentrate on non-acidic material. Er, in my sig BTW...

I tried making an acid tune, but then I just had to run it into the ground :laughing:

But yeah, on the whole, the interesting things in acid are far and few in between.

analord has turned on a new generation onto acid, promo is correct, if a tune is hot, it's always hot! I prefer it to the endless variations on boc/autechre/drill and bass :)

I agree, for the last 5 years I've been listening to boc/autechre/phex drill and bass. And honestly it really doesn't excite me that much anymore. I've heard acid in the past, not too much, but i haven't really got into it until Analord.

So for me the whole acid thing is still really fresh, call me a newbie, or a poser or whatever you want, i could care less. Some of you guys take it way too seriously. lighten up a little.

acid, for me is the most fun i've had making music in a long time. and i'm going to keep doing it until i get tired of it.

Archived