IGNORED

ableton n00b questions

Guest Ron Manager

Guest cosmonaut

finally got ableton up and going again, but i've got a couple of queries that i hope you guys can help me out with.

1) some of my vsts don't work? the ones that don't work have just a black dot where the MIDI button is, and when i select it to use the vst, it doesn't work... only the ones with small dots that look like a MIDI plug work. what am i doing wrong?

2) on this installation of ableton, i don't have devices - nothing under the subcategories in instruments, midi effects or audio effects. is there a way i can obtain them or is this version fucked?

sorry for the asinine questions, thanks :flower:

Guest Iąїn Ċ

Sounds like you've got a fucked-up copy mate... I'd take it back to where you bought it from if I were you :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

Guest cosmonaut

i was counting on you for some answers iain! my parents are going to be moving back to grantham/sleaford area in the next couple of months, just waiting for our house here in the states to sell. i'll be there for awhile before uni. lincs/cambs watmm meetup here we go!!!

Deeping Ableton Conference. I need to come to that too - I can't work Ableton out for the fucking life of me... :sad:

Iain C to lecture and give a key note speech.

Well, I didn't really want it, but my mate came back from Thailand with a shit load of pirated software and CDs and shit, and one of them was Ableton Live 5, so I thought, "I'll have a copy of that!". No manual though. It's OK, I'm happy with FLoops, and sure that I can get a manual etc, I'm not actually that bothered - I've just tried messing about with it a couple of times and couldn't work it out that's all...

Guest Coalbucket PI

ive spent a few hours with it and wasnt really getting anywhere, i guess live is one ill have to full on read the manual for someday

Guest cosmonaut
Live is so fucking simple it's unreal.

the key is: buy an original copy.

really complicated, eh?

i thought you (or someone else) would be around to post this. i'd like to, but:

a) i don't have the funds at the moment. i know, copout excuse, but it's the truth. and...

B) i don't think i'm serious enough with musicmaking to invest $500 in software. i just do it for a kick, nothing i make is really any good, just like messing around with it.

go to ableton's web site. download the demo - you get the manual with the installer.

read the manual - seriously, it's a good read - not too techy and it's really fucking helpful.

if you're running 5.0.2 then you're fucked - it was buggy as fuck even on the official release. 5.2 however is a pure dream!

Live 6 is due soon!

woOOOOT

mo

Archived