IGNORED

Ableton Themes

YEK

So themes or skins for ableton recently caught my attention when I noticed that some people I follow on youtube have customized their ableton interface.

I did a bit of research and found people making them available for free and some for money. Found this GREAT site available soon after

https://www.abletonthemes.com/

Free to download and customize your own or others. Really lovely site , great idea and easy to do.

I hope maybe we can share some of our masterpieces here

After spending a couple of hours trying to modify the OTR dark skin to make dark text on some m4l devices more readable (because of dark text on dark background) and breaking some part of the skin every single time fucking with ableton skins started feeling like a bad return on investment type of deal. I downloaded and tried a bunch of different themes throughout but for me none has beat either the dark or otr dark skins. It's weird looking at the monolake and default skins which now make my eyes recoil in horror after staring at them for years. It's like seeing one of those beige/grey pc cases and thinking how much time you've spent living in close proximity to this object of considerable size that in its bare essence reminds you of depressing office furniture and shifted to an anachronistic artifact within a year or two.      

TBH I tend to hyperfocus on details, this combined with a heuristic approach towards learning means wasting quite a bit of time until I'm even able to decide if whatever I'm trying to figure out will be actually valuable to me so for someone more skilled etc making a custom skin could be brilliant to make working with ableton more efficient/comfortable. Anyway, I decided to draw the line at making m4l devices and creating/modifying control scripts to enhance my live interactions. Pretty sure I've just sealed my faith and will be spending a couple of sleepless nights this week chasing the perfect skin. :wtf:

This post is weirdly worded and way too long.  

I did not really look on the website, but is this just different hue/saturation values that you can set in the Live preferences anyway?

Would be nice if Ableton looks "cool" but I have found that when I tune the colors then some aspect of the UI becomes not so readable. Right now there is a particular blue which makes clip names totally unreadable, also another pet peeve is that some types of orange are identical with "track selected" color which sucks too.

And of course all this nice coloring will eventually clash with M4L or whatever 3rd party VST that I may use.

Archived