IGNORED

melbourne watmmers thread—current news: new monthly IDM night starting soon

modey

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

no no no. cma has got it all wrong. most definitely am from australia. melbourne in fact.

no no no. cma has got it all wrong. most definitely am from australia. melbourne in fact.

come to the corner hotel this saturday, alchemist are playing, looks like it'll be a good gig!

.. if you like australian metal that is, heheh.

Guest bitroast

i most certainly do not!

besides, i think i'm having a mexican night with my friends (pretty much every time i have dinner with my friends its a mexican night).

i only just turned 18 tho, so i look forward to going to these 'hotels' and 'events' you speak of.

i am from australia but not from melbourne.

i have tinnitus from dilinger escape plan

hehe, i missed them, but my friend in sydney went and said it was insane. probably would have been a bit too brutal for me perhaps. i'll definitely go see opeth and meshuggah later in the year though!

Guest analogue wings
After spending way too much time on Planet Mu and WATMM over the years, I have found that Australian posters are very nice and not so cunty. Patrick (deleter boy/funny writing/etc.) was/is a mellow soul and there is a degree of etiqutte with you guys that you definitely don't see elsewhere.

Now, someone's gonna go out to prove me wrong

I think the prevailing stereotype is that much more daunting that they try especially hard to be tasteful friendly and sane :beer:

Oh... Hi.

hey! more melbourne people popping up heheh.

we need a melbourne watmmers subforum zole!

now all we need are more melbourne watmm people who like indie bands and post-rock, heh.

Guest analogue wings

Why don't u guys just meet up at Autechre - if you can wait till October that is :fear:

Guest bitroast
Oh... Hi.

hey! more melbourne people popping up heheh.

we need a melbourne watmmers subforum zole!

now all we need are more melbourne watmm people who like indie bands and post-rock, heh.

i started getting into a little bit of this indie/post-rock stuff, but thinking about it now, havent really touched any of it for awhile now. speaking of post-rock, really considering going to sigur ros, tho not sure if i'll be able to go.

october... october!? what type of pen should i use to write this in my diary with? very lightly with a grey lead pencil, or a big fat permanent marker pen??

when are sigur ros coming? i've seen them once before, in sydney, they were amazing!

i'm trying to find good indie/postrock bands in melb, i haven't been here very long (6 months) so i'm only just starting out really. grey daturas are really great though!

Guest bitroast

um. they're at festival hall 1st of august, as well as Splendour in the Grass later on.

tickets for festival hall show go on sale friday if you were interested.

Since I'm bored, I'm gonna tell a story about the coolest Aussie I've ever known. When I was between the ages of 8 and 10, my mom's good friend met an Australian guy named Jan Risla (yes, almost like the rolling papers). They started dating and I would come over and hang out with him. He must've been in his early 30's at the time. All I knew is that he was the coolest fucking guy ever and helped me to become a man. He, of course, gave me some Vegemite on toast and had me try goat cheese (that was pretty advanced for a Midwestern American 8 year old.

He took me into the woods and showed me how to shoot a rifle and a handgun. He rented "The Man Who Fell to Earth" and when I started to turn my head at the nudity, he said "What's wrong?" and I said "My parents don't let me watch stuff like that." He laughed and said "It's OK! You can watch it!" So, then I had my mind blown by the weirdness of David Bowie and that movie. All I know about his past was that he wanted to come to America so he literally did it by hitchiking, walking, and sleeping in ditches on his way over. He was also really smart and worked in an electrical pland and he took me there and told me about how combustion engines worked. I never knew what area of Australia he was from. He married my mom's friend and he got restless with the Midwest so they now live in Ketchikan, Alaska with two kids. I haven't talked to him since I was 12 but he was a sound bloke for sure.

crocodile dundee?

Guest Space Coyote

I've always thought there were no more than a handful of of Australian watmm'ers.

When are Autechre coming?

this thread will cause Melbourne lurkers to surface, from lurking, and it might result in a watmm geographical imbalance, if we don't all do it for our respective cities.

Guest Computer

Hi,I'm from Melbourne aswell. Hi modey!!

I've looked every where for details about Autechre, but i can't find anything.

And Google is...was like a crystal ball to me.

hey computer! maan we really should organise some kind of watmmeetupp, there are a lot of us here!

perhaps upstairs at the corner hotel one night, or somewhere in the city, or east brunswick club!

Archived