IGNORED

melbourne watmmers thread—current news: new monthly IDM night starting soon

modey

my ex giurlfriend, a blond polish girl called eva, is living there, you guys can go harrass her if you want

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my ex giurlfriend, a blond polish girl called eva, is living there, you guys can go harrass her if you want

does she like electronic music?

Guest Betty
do you know if its possible to download the first episode? (and the second, third etc)

dunno, torrents?... but each new episode doesn't rely on backstory from previous shows if that's what you're thinking.

Guest bitroast

yeah man. he's from victoria, which is where melbourne is, plus he lives in melbourne. driving in car with my mum and she almost hit some tall fella. turned out to be nick cave!! last year i was eating fish n chips with some friends, and had to borrow a chair from another table. who was at the other table? turned out to be nick cave!!

i'd like to go to pivot and all, but not on a school night > soz!

Guest Betty
hey guise, pivot is on thursday @ east brunswick club, anyone else going?

Yeah I'd like to go but I've got to get up at 5am the next day so probably not.

I will be at your gig on the 15th though.

Also, when was that Qua Beach House something-or-other? Or has it already been and gone?

fucking yeah totally, especially merzbow

when did merzbow start producing electronic music?

here you go melbourne cunce. should be a great night!

bnb_aug08_flyerWeb.jpg

all the best for your gig rob! glitch bar is awesome. i remember hearing hesius dome there sometime ago... btw you been for one of the maximum arousal nights at the toff yet?! defektro and oren ambarchi killed it the other night. and with liquid architecture last month im sure there must have been some good scenes going down in the city. fucking really missing melbs now!!

all the best for your gig rob! glitch bar is awesome. i remember hearing hesius dome there sometime ago... btw you been for one of the maximum arousal nights at the toff yet?! defektro and oren ambarchi killed it the other night. and with liquid architecture last month im sure there must have been some good scenes going down in the city. fucking really missing melbs now!!

thanks! it's a shame we didn't get to meet up, it was pretty crazy tiring times for me, looking for a new place to live etc. any plans to come back?

Guest Dagger
nah worries mate. i just watched 6 eppoes of summer heights high this avo. that shit is ripper. Mr G is a fricking genius ya drongoes

dude, that shit was filmed at my (and pigsters) school

Guest Dagger

Anyway, sorry I wasn't at Pivot last night, saw them at Sigur Ros concert last Friday and wasn't feeling them at all to be honest, besides it was on Thursday night, and a Friday is much more accessible for me. I meant to post a message here saying so, but oh well, I forgot. soz

I will however be at the Glitch Bar next Friday : D

and betty, the Qua, Beach House thing is two Fridays from now on the 22nd. Info: http://www.moshtix.com.au/record.asp?leven...ments=True&

I think we're getting tickets today if we can be assed going to St Kilda.

Also, anyone into Laura? They're playing at the East Brunswick Hotel on the 19th of September. I would've seen their last show in Melbourne, but two of my best friends were having a going away party the same night which I had to attend, so I'm fair keen to see them this time.

Nick Cave is originally from Wangaratta http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wangaratta, my home town :P but now lives in Melbourne I think, I saw him up the street a little while ago.

Anyway, sorry I wasn't at Pivot last night, saw them at Sigur Ros concert last Friday and wasn't feeling them at all to be honest, besides it was on Thursday night, and a Friday is much more accessible for me. I meant to post a message here saying so, but oh well, I forgot. soz

I will however be at the Glitch Bar next Friday : D

and betty, the Qua, Beach House thing is two Fridays from now on the 22nd. Info: http://www.moshtix.com.au/record.asp?leven...ments=True&

I think we're getting tickets today if we can be assed going to St Kilda.

Also, anyone into Laura? They're playing at the East Brunswick Hotel on the 19th of September. I would've seen their last show in Melbourne, but two of my best friends were having a going away party the same night which I had to attend, so I'm fair keen to see them this time.

Nick Cave is originally from Wangaratta http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wangaratta, my home town :P but now lives in Melbourne I think, I saw him up the street a little while ago.

yeah laura are freakin' awesome. definitely gonna go to that gig. night terrors sound good too. they have quite a skilled theremin player!

Guest bitroast

me and ricky (dagger) are gonna be there. though, getting home might be a bit of an ruckuss.

who else is going? betty? echo!?

me and ricky (dagger) are gonna be there. though, getting home might be a bit of an ruckuss.

who else is going? betty? echo!?

I'll be there.

Guest bitroast

any idea when this'll go till?

to catch public transport home would mean leaving at around quarter to 1.

splitting a taxi between just me and dagger could be pricey.

or.. could take a tram back into city at take a night rider home.

so many options, not many of them very good :P

any idea when this'll go till?

to catch public transport home would mean leaving at around quarter to 1.

splitting a taxi between just me and dagger could be pricey.

or.. could take a tram back into city at take a night rider home.

so many options, not many of them very good :P

i think it goes until 1am, but i'm playing from 9.45-10.30, give or take the time it takes me to set up / the time it takes for the previous guy to play, heheh.

Pigster, I can give you and Dagger a lift home if you want as I will be driving. Your suburbs are kind of on the way to where I live anyway.

However, this means that I won't be drinking... excessively... :cry:

Archived