IGNORED

melbourne watmmers thread—current news: new monthly IDM night starting soon

modey

nah worries mate. i just watched 6 eppoes of summer heights high this avo. that shit is ripper. Mr G is a fricking genius ya drongoes

lol

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol@melbourne

(i live here too.. well.. when i'm not bloody interstate working..)

i've drooled over qua's lemur's previously. i totally want one. bugger i missed out on this meet - how many came (lol came)?

i'm up for gigs in a week when i'm finally back in melbourne for ABOUT ONE WEEK before i'm heading to perth on even more work... gah travel

i think it was just a rumour, i'm sure it would have been announced by now if they were indeed coming in october.

and ryan: yes we should catch up again soon, come to my gig on the 15th of august!

aqua: think i'll be there weekend after next (9th?), and surrounding days, any interesting gigs on? seemed to be a quite rad music/art scene going on over there last time i was over.

modey: gig on the 15th? details! (or are they on the other forum?)

in all seriousness though, i did watch all 6 episodes of summer heights high and it is indeed truly hilarious. best comedy show i have seen in quite a while. is this popular in australia???

Guest bitroast

i hated it! i think it was pretty well recieved though.

it was filmed at my school, so i could barely even watch it properly. instead i'd just try and spot people out or get a kick out of watching my school on tv etc

in all seriousness though, i did watch all 6 episodes of summer heights high and it is indeed truly hilarious. best comedy show i have seen in quite a while. is this popular in australia???

i thought it was lame, though i guess that's why it appeals to foreigners.

15th august, glitch bar, i'm playing 9.45-10.30pm - it'll be a solo guitar ambience set. that's all i know about it!

word, will try and be there. refund playing at that gig too? and +1 for the lame opinion, wasn't a fan of it either, but only saw bits of some episodes. i think tim & eric are hilarious though so i'm hardly the humour connoisseur.

no, it's just me solo - i don't think i'll be playing any more gigs with refund hehe, our styles seem to clash with quite disastrous results, zole!

and yeah tim+eric = awesome!

Guest Betty

Yeah my mum loves it, she keeps re-watching her DVD of it. You're like my mum.

He also did a series called (I think) "We Can Be Heroes," so you might want to track that down, my mum already has.

hey aquagak! come visit sometime!

yeah cool i might. stina just broke up with me hey. a week before her japan tour with cobilis and pex....... i was supposed to fly off with them tonight, had to sell my ticket. heartbroken

aqua: think i'll be there weekend after next (9th?), and surrounding days, any interesting gigs on? seemed to be a quite rad music/art scene going on over there last time i was over.

yeah good local, national and international shit that weekend

AUG thu 07

breadbox - cotton mouth

kurb - CODES 7pm http://www.kurbgallery.com/

gingers - exhibition photo's taken by young homeless people

AUG fri 08

blender - loefah (uk) $30

behind the monkey - Sean Morris

AUG sat 09

bakery - pivot album launch

hydey - ii, Magic Window, Pacific By Rail ++

AUG sun 10

velvet - ii, M.Røsner, Adam Trainer + DJ Meupe

gingers garage - magic markets 12pm-6pm

\\\

AUG mon 11

AUG tue 12

specrum - Sound Spectrum - SOUNDTRACKS 730pm - MUSIC FOR FILM AND VIDEO currated by cat hope

yeah cool i might. stina just broke up with me hey. a week before her japan tour with cobilis and pex....... i was supposed to fly off with them tonight, had to sell my ticket. heartbroken

wow is that a figure of speech or were you and stina actually an item at some stage?

anyway, if you come to visit, there's always room for you to stay at my place!

wow is that a figure of speech or were you and stina actually an item at some stage?

anyway, if you come to visit, there's always room for you to stay at my place!

8 months dude.

cheers

Guest Betty
in all seriousness though, i did watch all 6 episodes of summer heights high and it is indeed truly hilarious. best comedy show i have seen in quite a while.

In all seriousness, if you want a recommendation, you can watch the latest episode of my favorite Australian comedy here:

We don't vote for them, we don't even know their names and we're not quite sure what they do.

But they wield enormous influence.

They are the power behind the power.

They are The Hollowmen.

i'll come down some time ... mebbe ... if only to shame you kunts with my great northern charm ..

is that where you belch on everyone, XXXX breath?

Guest bitroast

!! i haven't seen this! i got it mixed up with The Gruen Transfer and thought it was some panel-esque show talking about politics :p

d-generation, the late show = amazing silly humour

do you know if its possible to download the first episode? (and the second, third etc)

in all seriousness though, i did watch all 6 episodes of summer heights high and it is indeed truly hilarious. best comedy show i have seen in quite a while.

In all seriousness, if you want a recommendation, you can watch the latest episode of my favorite Australian comedy here:

<a href="http://www.abc.net.au/tv/hollowmen/#/watch" target="_blank"> We don't vote for them, we don't even know their names and we're not quite sure what they do.

But they wield enormous influence.

They are the power behind the power.

They are The Hollowmen. </a>

i don't think i'm into politics enough to understand that show - i had to keep asking my girlfriend what they were all talking about hahah!

Archived