IGNORED

melbourne watmmers thread—current news: new monthly IDM night starting soon

modey

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

8pm at pony = good idea.

pivot are also supporting sigur ros next friday, but i wasn't smart enough to buy a ticket and now im somewhat regretting, but oh well.

yeah i'm not seeing sigur ros, it would have been a good show though! however i did see them in 2004, so i'm not missing out too much - and they tend to come out here quite a lot, every two years or something?

Guest bitroast

i think they came twice in .. 2006? plus last year to open heima.

you're right, it's quite a bit!

like i said on That Other Site™, it was a good night, great to meet you guys!

..but where was echo?!

for those who weren't there, the highlights:

- qua's lemur control surface and red steinberger guitar

- tomas ford running out into the audience and kissing pigster's friend after he heckled him, hahaha! actually, all of his set was great

- the random pilling/speeding guy who asked me for chewing gum, while dancing like a douchebag

- me getting spectacularly drunk but (hopefully) not making a fool of myself, heh

- hearing the "watch and repeat play" mix over the p.a. system upon first entering, to be replaced 15mins later by 80s pop

Guest bitroast

haha, yeah. the night was good fun. i hope me and my mates weren't too annoying or anything.

before qua even played, while he was setting up, we were yelling random silly things (mostly just "Qua!" "Dude, where's my Qua?!" "Cornrad Raczynski!" etc) and some guy next to us turned around "I came here for Qua, but left because of your extreme toolishness" :teeth:

Tomas Ford was good fun too. torwards the end, when he fell to the ground singing, and modey jumps on him just as he's about to get back up, followed by my mates piling on :D

was good meeting both you and betty, though where was echo?? eyes were very peeled for someone wearing a blue rephlex shirt, but saw nothing.

hahah i totally forgot about that guy! i must have been quite smashed by that stage, heh. i took a bunch of photos too, but they were all of tomas, zole.

Guest bitroast

ah, i think you were talking to tomas ford while qua was setting up, which would explain not remembering. i remember you taking pictures of the really dismal lighting on ford's desk :D

as mentioned earlier, will try to make it to your solo set next month, and will probably go see qua again when he plays at the Roxanne Parlor.

Guest Betty

Hay guise! I had an awesome time, I look forward to seeing you again.

I was planning to make a highly detailed post but I'm a bit exhausted at the moment (I probably will tomorrow though). You know how I said I'd recently been made a supervisor at my at my stocktaking job. Up to this point I'd only been in charge of 1 or 2 other people but today with no prior warning I was suddenly called upon to be in charge of about 20 people with several managers from our head office present and several people from interstate who were here to learn how we do things. I had over 1000 pages of reports to keep track of, organize, correct and compile... and this job continues tomorrow morning 7 am so I'd better get to bed!

Guest Dagger
Yeah but Fitzroy is such a bitch to get into if you don't have a car

yeah, fitzroy can be hard to get to, good thing pony is on little collins st.

was a good night, looking forward to another meet up, perhaps pivot or qua/beach house next month.

Edit: for modey and betty, i'm ricky, i was in the aphex twin shirt

Modey let's meet up today! Somewhere near a trainstation in Zone A!

that rhymed!

actually i work mon-fri so no luck!

also what is zone A

Guest Betty

SOME THOUGHTS PRESENTED IN POINT FORM:

- I still haven't figued out how to say WATMM in real life.

- My friend feeling left out, usually I'm left out. Standing against a pillar all "Woe is me I'm standing

against a pillar." Fuck him!

- Qua. Who is Qua? Electronic music where you could actually see how the person was affecting the music:

unusual.

- Pre Qua. Joking about requesting a Melbourne subforum. Some dude who was standing beside us says:

"I came here for Qua but because of your complete and utter toolishness, you've ruined it for me."

He leaves the venue.

- Memorable heckles from our group to Qua: Is it Ableton?! Is it Ableton?! Get a Chaos Pad for each finger!

Singing Happy Birthday. Have you got any knobs?! Drum solo!

- When I bought everyone a beer (except Modey as he was pumping his fists too much to hold one). The

graveness of the appreciation I received; it was as if I was a Billionaire and I had just written each

of you into my will.

- Some random dude kept putting his arm around Pigster's shoulder. I worry about these things, you're still

at an impressionable age and could be swayed.

- The smell of the King Size chaise-lounge couch fixture. Smelt like the kind of thing that 4 girls

would make out on (which I witnessed last time I was there): musty and rank.

- Looked around for blue rephlex t-shirt, couldn't find.

- I asked if Modey's girlfriend was a MILF. This demonstrated a complete lack of respect and for this I

apologize profusely.

- I talked at Pigster for about 45 minutes about Frank Zappa. I finally meet people who like the

electronic music that I like but then I'm not even happy with that and I try to convert them into Zappa

fans as well. If I do that again feel free to walk away at any time. Also, the Zappa Dub Room Special DVD:

$10 at JB Hi Fi! I highly recommend it.

- Tomas Ford: too many hijinks to go into detail about, I liked the crowd interaction/harassment but if

you're going to spend half of your gig running around the dance floor get a fucking cordless microphone!

Isn't Health and Safety cool anymore?

Guest Iain C

Wow, this sounds like an even gayer meetup than that time Gary, Idiron and I got coked up and compared cock sizes.

SOME THOUGHTS PRESENTED IN POINT FORM:

- I still haven't figued out how to say WATMM in real life.

- My friend feeling left out, usually I'm left out. Standing against a pillar all "Woe is me I'm standing

against a pillar." Fuck him!

- Qua. Who is Qua? Electronic music where you could actually see how the person was affecting the music:

unusual.

- Pre Qua. Joking about requesting a Melbourne subforum. Some dude who was standing beside us says:

"I came here for Qua but because of your complete and utter toolishness, you've ruined it for me."

He leaves the venue.

- Memorable heckles from our group to Qua: Is it Ableton?! Is it Ableton?! Get a Chaos Pad for each finger!

Singing Happy Birthday. Have you got any knobs?! Drum solo!

- When I bought everyone a beer (except Modey as he was pumping his fists too much to hold one). The

graveness of the appreciation I received; it was as if I was a Billionaire and I had just written each

of you into my will.

- Some random dude kept putting his arm around Pigster's shoulder. I worry about these things, you're still

at an impressionable age and could be swayed.

- The smell of the King Size chaise-lounge couch fixture. Smelt like the kind of thing that 4 girls

would make out on (which I witnessed last time I was there): musty and rank.

- Looked around for blue rephlex t-shirt, couldn't find.

- I asked if Modey's girlfriend was a MILF. This demonstrated a complete lack of respect and for this I

apologize profusely.

- I talked at Pigster for about 45 minutes about Frank Zappa. I finally meet people who like the

electronic music that I like but then I'm not even happy with that and I try to convert them into Zappa

fans as well. If I do that again feel free to walk away at any time. Also, the Zappa Dub Room Special DVD:

$10 at JB Hi Fi! I highly recommend it.

- Tomas Ford: too many hijinks to go into detail about, I liked the crowd interaction/harassment but if

you're going to spend half of your gig running around the dance floor get a fucking cordless microphone!

Isn't Health and Safety cool anymore?

i say it like "what 'em"

and zole yes MELBOURNE SUBFORUM!!

nah worries mate. i just watched 6 eppoes of summer heights high this avo. that shit is ripper. Mr G is a fricking genius ya drongoes

are you from the 70s?

Guest analogue wings
nah worries mate. i just watched 6 eppoes of summer heights high this avo. that shit is ripper. Mr G is a fricking genius ya drongoes

racism-1.jpg

Archived