IGNORED

Looking for a timestretcher

Guest 277: 930-933

I'm looking for a realtime timetretching vst plug.

Anybody know of one?

I'm aware Live is able to do this but I want a plugin.

Or is it doable in reaktor?

Guest androne

sony's acid program comes with one, you could probably use it in other programs as well. if you want I can send the dll to you to try out, although I havent located the file on my hd yet. but im sure its there somewhere.

this is an electronic music forum, you should be asking what c++ libraries you can use to write your own time stretch vst

Guest androne

try out chris moss' suggestion, if that doesnt work pm me and ill send you the sony one, which may or may not work for you.. i think it shoudl though.

Ive never heard of reatime timestretching. but im sure its possible. Not time compression though (obviously). Couldn't find anything that may work except granular things which may have a little more than you need.

Guest yan_g of course!
this is an electronic music forum, you should be asking what c++ libraries you can use to write your own time stretch vst

u should actually write those libraries

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bowen

when i get some time i'll wrap the maxmsp patch i'm currently using to a vst. it'll take a specified time sample from the incoming audio stream (i use 1 second) then stretch it to the another specified time (i'm using around 30/40 seconds). when it is done streching to the specified time it takes a new sample and repeats, this is done without gaps.

It does it via granulation similar to the examples posted above. I'm using it to create lond drawn out vocal sounds from live talk radio inputted into it,

there is a touch of 'granular' sound to it which i remove by adding the tiniest amount of a short reverb to smooth.

give me a few weeks though i'm bust as fuck at the min.

it'll require pluggo runtime (which is free) to use.

Man that sounds cracking. cubus has been looking for a realtime version of Granulab for a long time. Is stuff from MAX/MSP VST-able (i.e. can you export out as a VST dll)

Guest bowen

not directly. but if you have a pluggo (another app from cycling 74) you can turn your patches into vsts. the only problem i'm thinking now is that they need separate compiles, one for mac and one for windows. the patches stay the same, and need no tweaking just literally the 'make vst' part of pluggo needs to be run on the appropriate system - and i run OSX.

the alternative, which is simple but not for everyone is that i could create a standalone application that supports rewire.

i'll get on it when i finish my uni work

Guest Mr. Magoo
Man that sounds cracking. cubus has been looking for a realtime version of Granulab for a long time. Is stuff from MAX/MSP VST-able (i.e. can you export out as a VST dll)

:excl: hey can i see the large scale photo of your avatar please? :excl:

Guest bowen

demonstration of my stretcher 1 second of radio 4 from about half ago (a radio play i think) stretched to 1min 20.

played though Rverb stereo 100% wet 0.85 sec decay smallest 'room' size. high end roll off upper bass boost.

256 kb/s Vbr mp3 2.6mb

demo

ps, if anyone d/ls this let me know what the speeds are like its my first file on my google.pages curious to know the speeds.

Sounds like the Hafler Trio/Sigur Ros collab. trilogy thing. Nice work man :grin:

I got in about 10 seconds, nice speed from there it seems.

Mr. Magoo: The lovely lady is somewhere on the Hegre/Met-Art archives, although I have no idea where.....

cubase sx3 has awesome timestretch options.

really? where are they? the only time stretching options im aware of are non realtime offline processes and they sound very low quality and have not changed one iota since Cubase 5 VST (almost 10 years)

somebody already mentioned this but Melodyne and cooledit pro have the best /highest quality time stretching i have ever heard. Unfortunately i dont think either can be used as a VST effect.

Kyma capybara systems have near flawless time stretching, you can make a classical piece go on for 20 minutes and make it sound like an ambient song (ala 24 hours of beetoven)

for the generic ragga jungle like time stretching effect i would try out "glitch vst" and Dbfx plugins.

Guest bowen

melodyne really that good?

what about for noisy samples, i've been told that for audio that has a higher noise factor (ie the radio i currently need to use) granulation is better than FFT (i'm assume melodyne is fft).

also is melodyne realtime?

Archived