IGNORED

anyone familiar with synchronizing midi from ableton through akai mpk?

kinski

so i'm trying to sync ableton with akai mpk and then with korg poly800. and i just can't seem to make it work. anyone knows a way to do it? i mean maybe it does work but the sequencer won't start when i hit play. i've never used ableton and mpk as a midi clock, usually just synced p800 with other hardware (like elctribe). someone who understands what i'm talking about please help.

I don't use Live or the Akai keyboard but it should be the same process in any device/daw setup

You need to make sure everything is setup to send and receive midi clock/sync in the proper manner. If you want Live to be the master clock then set it so it sends out MTC/midi sync and set the Korg to receive midi sync etc. Swap them around if you want the Korg to be the master but you are probably best using the DAW as master imo.

Hope this helps

i have an aki mpd 26.

the problem is: if it is connected via usb, it can only communicate with the computer. it wont pass the midi clock via midi.

if it itsnt connected via usb and has seperate power, it communicates with real midi. it will pass the internal midi clock or receive.

pretty shit.

i have an aki mpd 26.

the problem is: if it is connected via usb, it can only communicate with the computer. it wont pass the midi clock via midi.

if it itsnt connected via usb and has seperate power, it communicates with real midi. it will pass the internal midi clock or receive.

pretty shit.

No way, that is shit!!

Is there no way to activate the 'real' midi port once its connected by USB???

I currently use an Impulse25 via usb and the actual port shows up in Cubase, my old Remote25 did this and my PadKontrol works. Does Live filter any ports by default or anything like that??? I'm sure you have tried everything obvious but what does AKAI have to say about this??

I must admit that my midi skills are a little rusty at the minute due to years being spoilt by the ease of VST. I've slowly got a bit of hardware back over the last couple of years which I currently use standalone to my main DAW. I use an ipad as a central point for all the midi connections and pretty much require all my devices to function as you want (ie via usb but with the midi port active) - an app called 'midibridge' sorted it all out a treat though as you can see all avaiable midi devices i/o and connect what you want with virtual wires. Its a ball-ache keep swapping setups though and i forgot how much real cables piss me off with knots an dust!!! Lol. Being able to sync my OP-1 to my MachineDrum is important for me but it always needs to be done via the ipad as the OP-1 is usb only.

Thank fuck for 'standards'!!!! Lol

i have an aki mpd 26.

pretty shit.

lol, fuck akai then. seriously.

thanks, though.

you need an audio interface that is capable of sending and receiving to more than one device to complete the task you want.

yeah i was trying to avoid buying a new sound card but i guess it's what i'll have to do.

Archived