IGNORED

File conversion help needed

granty

So I've got this iPad Garageband project file with fiddly melodies and chords I want to bring into Logic, but it won't import it because it's a newer version of the Garageband app so I need Logic X to open it - which I don't have/can't install anyway. I don't think you can backsave from Logic X so I could do with some help extracting the midi data so I can rebuild it in 9 - any takers?? THANKS

SQUEE EDIT:

Link fixed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10488422/My%20Song%204.band.zip

Well thanks for taking a look folks. If anyone can help yet, I'd much appreciate it. I think there are tools for converting audio to midi so I guess that's the next step - skeptical how well that'd work though tbh.

I downloaded your project, right clicked on it, clicked on "Show Package Content" and there I found some of your guitar recordings. Don't you have Garageband on your Mac? That should be able to open your project

Yeah I think that's the next step, even though I don't really want to - fuck it. Thanks anyway.

Luckily, Mavericks didn't fuck anything up for me, and I use Logic 9 as well. But don't upgrade to Yosemite. I've heard that Logic 9 and a bunch of plugins don't like it.

Really - just reading the feedback on the App Store about the latest Yosemite - I tjhink it'll slow down/kill my 8 year old iMac so I might just go with Mavericks, if I can find it.

hey bud, i extracted the midi regions and reassembled them as they were in the tracks. hopefully it is all ok.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1re18z4as2e2x39/wheelchairguysong4.zip?dl=0

FUCCCKK! A million thanks pal - it works a charm. You've literally saved my marriage. Also, 'wheelchairguysong4' lol.

Archived