IGNORED

why isn't there a forum for mouse on mars

vamos scorcho

Guest abusivegeorge

Aye yes there a few on here. I feel you may anger joyrex once more for yet again being another poster to ask yet again for another sub-forum which he will repeatedly tell yet again is for something which has not yet influenced the progression in IDM enough to warrant it's own sub-forum.

Guest 277: 930-933

Yeah Mouse on Mars are great but you're an idiot for making some ridiculous claim like Autoditacker > entire Aphex discography, are you really expecting to get useful responses this way?

Read the rules.

i'm stating my opinion which i stand by strongly

autoditacker takes me places i cannot describe for the life of me. and the beats are more detailed and intricate than anything i've yet heard for rdj (i love aphex twin by i love mouse on mars more)

i think mouse on mars has definitely influenced idm. they started the whole "organic, human sounding" techno thing.

you ever read a mouse on mars review and it's all like "sounds like a living creature" or "IF ANYBODY EVER SAID ELECTRONIC IS COMPUTERS!!!! LISTEN TO THIS!!!!!!"

yeah so joyrex can you add this subforum?

jk i don't care. this is the mouse on mars threads!

i forget about lots of music for months at a time. then i return to it and it blows my brains open.

the song "subsequence" (not even their best song) has the capacity to blow my mind open far more than anything else

though i'm sure i'll become obsessed with autechre again, right now mouse on mars is where it's at

(and i was obsessed with mouse on mars before I discovered Confield)

the beats are more detailed and intricate than anything i've yet heard for rdj

Nah!

ok that statement was certainly flawed.

i prefer mouse on mars beats though in any situation.

mouse on mars creates little works of art, all which sound different

the beat layer and the melody layer are very distinct and separate in rdjs works

in mouse on mars the beat and the melody form one beat, melded together expertly

and the beats are more detailed and intricate than anything i've yet heard for rdj

clearly you haven't listened to Vordhosbn loud enough.

but yes autoditacker is absolutely stunning.

Guest abusivegeorge

After being a pretentious prick, can I ask you where I should start with mouse on mars? I've not heard much of their stuff!

Asymm- thats understandable man!

After being a pretentious prick, can I ask you where I should start with mouse on mars? I've not heard much of their stuff!

the album autoditacker

then any one of these albums, preference at the beginning of the list

idiology=varcharz > niun niggung > instrumentals=glam > iaora tahiti > vulvaland

some might disagree with me. iaora is fantastic, really they all are pretty much 10/10 albums in my book, mind opening music, but i'm currently on an idiology kick so yeah.

here is a fantastic song from idiology called "subsequence." if you donate your full attention your mind will fall apart. note the intricacy of the beat differs from the intricacy of rdj beats. it's even "trippier" imo. crazy stuff. and then this song morphs into complete insanity - i sometimes feel like i'm peaking on shrooms when i listen to this loud on headphones.

Effing love mouse on mars. And Autoditacker is a brilliant album (as are Iaora Tahiti, Instrumentals, and Niun Niggung for that matter). Do they deserve a subforum more than cylob? Probably yes (same can be said for Clark, The Orb, or Amon Tobin). Do we need more subforums though? After you get past the fanboy-fuelled ones - afx, boc, ae, squarpusher - the other ones are pretty sad. Can't we just give mouse on mars a watmm certificate of awesomeness or something instead?

Guest nene multiple assgasms

the first annual watmm award for outstanding achievement in the field of idm excellence

Guest theSun

can't get into audiotacker like you fellows have, but it is a quality album. i like varcharz a bit more and that's all i have of theirs. i'd say they are a satisfactory idm artist.

Guest abusivegeorge

the album autoditacker

then any one of these albums, preference at the beginning of the list

idiology=varcharz > niun niggung > instrumentals=glam > iaora tahiti > vulvaland

some might disagree with me. iaora is fantastic, really they all are pretty much 10/10 albums in my book, mind opening music, but i'm currently on an idiology kick so yeah.

here is a fantastic song from idiology called "subsequence." if you donate your full attention your mind will fall apart. note the intricacy of the beat differs from the intricacy of rdj beats. it's even "trippier" imo. crazy stuff. and then this song morphs into complete insanity - i sometimes feel like i'm peaking on shrooms when i listen to this loud on headphones.

Thanks man, going to settle down now, and start my evening of listening, found a few songs on youtube earlier that I really liked by them, so I have positive vibes.

Guest nene multiple assgasms
niun niggung has always been my favourite of theirs

earlier today I had the trick daddy song "nann nigga" stuck in my head, and I'm pretty sure it was from reading that album title in this thread.

Archived