IGNORED

not happy

pcock

ive just spent 2 days filling my computer up with complete shit and reading about 30 tuorials on how to get a fucking cakewalk file into mp3 format, nothing convential works becuase its got loads of soft synths in it, you have to pay for the cakewalk built in encoder, none of the free wav to mp3 converters worked, none of the MIDI to mp3 converters worked because you cant save bst in MIDI, any ideas plz?

A few quick things, from someone who has never looked at Cakewalk:

1) MIDI is nothing more than data. It is not sound, it has nothing to do with audio. It has only to do with sending note/velocity/CC data to a device, don't look to a MIDI to anything converter to get sound.

2) Do you have a .wav file of what's been sequenced? Again, not having seen Cakewalk I can't comment on HOW exactly to accomplish this, but since you mention they are all softsynths, it must be fairly easy to acheive. Once you have a .wav file somewhere on your computer, I can garuntee free .wav to mp3 converters will turn them into mp3's.

3) Hur RENOISE! :grin:

yeah i got it saved in RIFF wav format, which is the closest i could get to audio, then ive just tried like 5 WAV to mp3 things off download, all of them convert it and just leave a 4.59 clip of silence. im at a loss now, my computer is infested from viruses from clicking so many exe. files, and i have tried more than everything the cakewalk help files suggest.

RIFF-wav generally means mp3 with a .wav file header. Basically an mp3 encoded file that uses the standard .wav file header so that it can be recognized as a .wav file. What is the size of the riff-wav file and how long is it? A good rule of thumb (though by no means really accurate) is that if its really a .wav, its 10 megs per minute, and an mp3 is typically around 1 meg per minute. Those are approximations, but you should be able to tell straight away if its mp3 encoded or straight wav.

Guest 死んでく

Seems like this:

Download a recording program like Cooledit or Adobe Audition.

Click record in it.

Play the cakewalk song so it is recorded.

Save the wave file as mp3.

Sorry if completely wrong for your situation.

Seems like this:

Download a recording program like Cooledit or Adobe Audition.

Click record in it.

Play the cakewalk song so it is recorded.

Save the wave file as mp3.

Sorry if completely wrong for your situation.

I was going to say this but it seems retarded that you'd have to do that as Cakewalk, afaik, is an audio recording suite as well as a sequencer, is it not? (The existence of his odd RIFF-Wav file supports this theory as well)

i think i might have it boxed now, it would open in winamp but play silence or white noise, i think i might have been recording with the wrong properties in my soundcard, not too sure though.

im re-trying now, il post my tune if it works, and try the cooledit idea if not.

Guest Adjective

maybe the wave you're rendering is too high samplerate / bit rate for your sound card and/or the wav->mp3 encoders you are using

or possibly tracks aren't routed properly to be rendered in the 'mixdown'

i really don't know cakewalk at all, but i think you would have to' mixdown' or 'render as..' into a wave (44100hz/ 16bit is pretty standard) then edit or drop as it is into something like winlame

maybe the wave you're rendering is too high samplerate / bit rate for your sound card and/or the wav->mp3 encoders you are using

or possibly tracks aren't routed properly to be rendered in the 'mixdown'

I think these are the two most likely options.

Open up your soundcard's control panel to see what meters give a readout to see how stuff is routed.

And 20 megs a minute seems like a ridiculously high rate file.

i hate fucking software, there is like 8 differnet boxes and sets of options involved in doin this in cakewalk, an there was just one insignificant box entitled rate which i hadnt ticked that was messin the whole thing up

first tune evar in creation forum :grin:

ps cheers for help

Archived