IGNORED

Nnirror patch to MAX for Live...please

cochorno

I KNOW THIS MIGHT BE NOT THE RIGHT PLACE... BUT YOU GUY DON'T HAVE A PLACE FOR IT

I guess a lot of you are familiar with the music of the talented Nnirror. He uploaded a couple of years ago a great patch for MAX, and I've been trying to "convert" that patch into a max for Live instrument, but I hardly can understand the process, unfortunately, my lack of knowledge in the program is my failure.
This patch is awesome, I want to use it in my DAW, so I was thinking if maybe one of the members on this blog has the ability to convert this, I would be more than grateful to receive such a gift. I'm going to leave links to the patch in GitHub and a video of the patch running, from the artist himself, explaining the patch.

https://github.com/mjcella/nnirror

I think porting this environment to a usable, mostly bugfree max for live suite of things would take even someone who is skilled at max/m4l at least a couple of hundred hours...

Not what you asked for but why don't you make a list of the things that appeal so much to you in this environment and either try to find existing m4l patches that may approach it and perhaps teach yourself how to modify those a bit and see where that takes you?

• Like 1

Have you tried writing directly to Michael ? Rather than doing it for you, I'm sure he'd give you insight to port it yourself.

If this is a standalone patch, you could just run it in Max and integrate with Live through routing MIDI and audio inside your computer.

What operating system are you on? For Macos, the keywords for doing this are "IAC driver" (built-in virtual MIDI routing) and Soundflower (routing audio between apps using a kernel module).

This is what I would do anyway if I had a standalone Max or Pure Data patch that is too much hassle to port into M4L.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 9:25 AM, thawkins said:

If this is a standalone patch, you could just run it in Max and integrate with Live through routing MIDI and audio inside your computer.

What operating system are you on? For Macos, the keywords for doing this are "IAC driver" (built-in virtual MIDI routing) and Soundflower (routing audio between apps using a kernel module).

This is what I would do anyway if I had a standalone Max or Pure Data patch that is too much hassle to port into M4L.

Thank you all for the feedback, I see your point. I don't know I think I like all on the patch but you're right... Is too much hassle, I'm gonna select my favorite and build a M4L just for that