Jump to content

Radio Nova Radio Mix 2003-06-28


auxien
 Share

Recommended Posts

Autechre Live at Mixing for Radio Nova on 2003-06-28 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

curious as to the source on the 'ambient' track played about 21:45 - ~26:00. track ID anyone?

the stuff immediately after is interesting as well. the weirdo 'mega mix' thing ~8:00 - 15:00 is cool enough too.... i think there were bits like that elsewhere in some of their huge 12 hour streams maybe? been a while since i listened to any of those tho

also, in searching for a thread on this, i saw some mentions of another Radio Nova mix in 2009 but i can't seem to find anything regarding info on it but dead links. i think someone said it was 'the same as the BBC mix' or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
On 11/6/2022 at 8:43 PM, auxien said:

curious as to the source on the 'ambient' track played about 21:45 - ~26:00. track ID anyone?

Sounds like a part of 'Tektra' by Roland Kayn to me, not heard it for a very long time but that's what immediately pings to mind - somewhere within the (nearly) five hours of it... one of his best in a huge catalogue of releases

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, commercial said:

Sounds like a part of 'Tektra' by Roland Kayn to me, not heard it for a very long time but that's what immediately pings to mind - somewhere within the (nearly) five hours of it... one of his best in a huge catalogue of releases

 

That's a good guess. I was thinking Tod Dockstader maybe as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, commercial said:

Sounds like a part of 'Tektra' by Roland Kayn to me, not heard it for a very long time but that's what immediately pings to mind - somewhere within the (nearly) five hours of it... one of his best in a huge catalogue of releases

 

I think it's part of 'Khyra' from Tektra, don't have time to find what part as it's in three sections and over seventy minutes!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, commercial said:

I think it's part of 'Khyra' from Tektra, don't have time to find what part as it's in three sections and over seventy minutes!

i think you might be right on it being Khyra, but on quick browsing through i'm not yet able to nail down exactly which section matches, i want to give the whole series a listen now.

i'm kind of kicking myself now because i'd seen this CD re-release set being chatted about here or elsewhere earlier this year or last, i thought the art was interesting and i'd heard Kayn discussed before, but i don't think i'd given any of it a listen. might have to pick up the 5-CD remaster set if they do another run, or second hand from discogs maybe. what i'm hearing so far sounds really interesting.

thanks for the ID on it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, auxien said:

i think you might be right on it being Khyra, but on quick browsing through i'm not yet able to nail down exactly which section matches, i want to give the whole series a listen now.

i'm kind of kicking myself now because i'd seen this CD re-release set being chatted about here or elsewhere earlier this year or last, i thought the art was interesting and i'd heard Kayn discussed before, but i don't think i'd

It's his most accessible and cohenerant in my opinion, a big journey of a release... if you want to hear it send me a DM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.