IGNORED

Global Goon - Euro Jack

Johnny Hawk

Returning with his first album since 2015, Global Goon blesses us with an album full of otherworldly belters on Euro Jack, where raving braindance, acid, and house strains are alive with electricity. ‘YDTFGY Tuft’ is a whirlwind of metallic rhythms and sweet harp melodies, melting into the rumbling magma and iron strikes of ‘Moraadf’, and the menacing veins of cavernous club mined in ‘Helxuei’. The aptly named ‘Slammerville’ is vicious with earthshaking beats forming heavy, walloping punches. Bleep

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

On 12/21/2022 at 7:23 AM, Rubin Farr said:

This album is absolutely stunning. I’m still giving it a spin today got to song 7 and continuing on today. My first impression is how well produced the tracks are. Second takeaway is how the tracks - although very different in many cases - flow perfectly from one song to the next. And for it to be released simultaneously with the bandcamp, YouTube, and other web released material is straight up amazing. 

Unlike the acid-centric tunes released as Johnny Hawk this past year or so - these are quite developed and really exhibit ALL of your musical skills in addition to the sound engineering prowess bestowed upon us on the Johnny hawk YouTube acid tracks. There are powerful uses of samples, all different types of drums, real bass lines and synth riffs thrown into a blender of tripped out house beats and samples. 

In my opinion - it is the best Global Goon ALBUM to date - where I may prefer some of the harder acid stuff from the YouTube page - this album is confident, engaging and flows like a journey you’ve been waiting to take for a long time. 

I hear inspiration from many sides of the human psyche - from happiness to fear and everything in between. 

When you listen, with your artist ears, you can hear the amount of effort that went into the construction and production of each song. 

All in all - I put this up there with ITSAME  by Brainwaltzera and Magic Pony Ride / Hello / Goodbye μ-Ziq’s releases from this year for best albums of the year - especially in our world of braindance. I recommend it highly and have purchased the cassette @Johnny Hawk?. Hope there’s a wax release in the works!

On 12/24/2022 at 4:51 PM, Lpjunglerecords said:

This album is absolutely stunning. I’m still giving it a spin today got to song 7 and continuing on today. My first impression is how well produced the tracks are. Second takeaway is how the tracks - although very different in many cases - flow perfectly from one song to the next. And for it to be released simultaneously with the bandcamp, YouTube, and other web released material is straight up amazing. 

Unlike the acid-centric tunes released as Johnny Hawk this past year or so - these are quite developed and really exhibit ALL of your musical skills in addition to the sound engineering prowess bestowed upon us on the Johnny hawk YouTube acid tracks. There are powerful uses of samples, all different types of drums, real bass lines and synth riffs thrown into a blender of tripped out house beats and samples. 

In my opinion - it is the best Global Goon ALBUM to date - where I may prefer some of the harder acid stuff from the YouTube page - this album is confident, engaging and flows like a journey you’ve been waiting to take for a long time. 

I hear inspiration from many sides of the human psyche - from happiness to fear and everything in between. 

When you listen, with your artist ears, you can hear the amount of effort that went into the construction and production of each song. 

All in all - I put this up there with ITSAME  by Brainwaltzera and Magic Pony Ride / Hello / Goodbye μ-Ziq’s releases from this year for best albums of the year - especially in our world of braindance. I recommend it highly and have purchased the cassette @Johnny Hawk?. Hope there’s a wax release in the works!

excellent, thanks!

• Like 1

You know what? I’m gonna get that gear down from the loft tomorrow morning image.png.78906ad009b0cad61a1058d46ec68813.png

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hawk said:

Just listened to this, for first time as a collection, not bad, don’t remember making any of these tracks, most were early morning jams on my old euro rack setup before the kids woke up lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

It's hard to find time to make music when you have kids. I had to adjust to working for shorter periods at a time.

yes, I didn't have time to do any music for the first 3 or 4 years, now I have a bit of free time, so like you I work for short blasts and try and get tracks completed within 2 or 3, hour long sessions

Edited by Johnny Hawk
  • Like 5

On 12/26/2022 at 5:18 PM, Johnny Hawk said:

I don't have a tape player or a record player any more, so I'll just miss out on them ?

I’ll send you one for late Xmas present and for all the tunes you’ve been putting out - reach out you know where to find me, j-hok! Gotta have a turntable bruhv 

On 12/27/2022 at 9:53 AM, Summon Dot E X E said:

Majestics is very polished and catchy. Excellent work.

J Huhn is incredibly good.

Tracks shared are my favorite goon beats I’ve heard in a very long time. 

On 12/26/2022 at 3:56 PM, whosebrian said:

@Lpjunglerecords

Lately, I've been occasionally listening to tapes while at work.

SONY-WM-EX615-01-1.jpg

Dude I love it! That’s an epic Walkman - got one on eBay a few years back and when I opened it the headphones literally turned to dust lol. The console is in tact and with auxiliary cables being what they are today - I can get it set up to some pretty nice speaks ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lpjunglerecords said:

Tracks shared are my favorite goon beats I’ve heard in a very long time. 

Dude I love it! That’s an epic Walkman - got one on eBay a few years back and when I opened it the headphones literally turned to dust lol. The console is in tact and with auxiliary cables being what they are today - I can get it set up to some pretty nice speaks ?

Still love my Vatican Nitez picture disc I nicked in Soho a few years back for 2 quid.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

"Euro Jack" by Global Goon is an auditory trip that will transport you to a realm of psychedelic madness. The acid house beats are twisted and manipulated, creating a sound that is both dark and exhilarating. The album, available on both cassette tape and digital, is a masterclass in experimental electronic music.

Standout tracks "Majestics", "Helxuei" and "Slammerville" will pound in your face with their gothic intensity, leaving you feeling both sick and exhilarated. The twisted synths and distorted beats create a sense of unease, but it's impossible to stop listening.

This is not just music, it's a journey through the dark and twisted psyche of Global Goon. If you're looking for a truly mind-bending experience, "Euro Jack" is the album for you. Don't miss out on this psychedelic masterpiece.

Cassette tape available on bleep and bandcamp

image.thumb.jpeg.d5eda723440d7a6f47b1905700d00999.jpeg

• Like 2