IGNORED

THS (aka Alco posting cringe)

Alcofribas

I was thinking about the name “Turquoise Hexagon Sun” and how it’s cool but also wondering about it, how they came up with it. They used this to describe their “group” or “bunker” in early interviews after MHTRTC came out so it’s been around as more than a track title from very early on. Then I thought THS probably stands for something else originally (maybe the H is for Chris Horne, the S is for Sandison?). Then I thought about how T and H appear throughout their album titles:

MHTRTC, [geogaddi doesn’t fit], TCH, TH. 

They also have the Trans Canada Highway ep, as well as High Scores.

This is simply something I am pondering please do not come into this thread to ban me. You can post “lol” and stuff but I will talk to the mods if you say I should go over to twoism or whatever. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

here's my theory so far: one of their bands names was The Horne & Sandisons but then Marcus was like I want to be called "Eion" they can't know we are brothers. So they decided on Boards of Canada (BOC - another mysterious set of initials, I'm assuming B actually stands for Brothers) and then they had to kick the Horne guy out bc he no longer was needed. However, they needed to cover their tracks so they started telling everyone THS actually stood for Turqoise Hexagon Sun. Then they kept using T and H and to a lesser extent S as a way to make it seem like it was never about The Horne & Sandisons but was actually other more cool stuff. 

• Farnsworth 1

so this way when at all the Red Moon parties or bonfires or whatever the fuck they're getting up to and their mates come up and are like "hey remember when you were THS? The Horne & Sandisons?" they can be like "lmao what? no, THS is something else. we actually using THS all the time" and then they can point to their album titles and be like 'see, it's something super private and cool you'll never know about."

but all their friends actually know. this is one of the main reasons BOC are so private, they don't want this information getting out to the public they're still carefully trying to manage all their closest friends to convince them they were never originally called that. and it wrecks their creativity in the studio since they're spending so much time trying to come up with more TH and S names.

• Big Brain 1