IGNORED

RIP Dominic Hawken

user

Dominic Hawken, regular on Sonic Talk and host of his own mr. Wiggly podcast has passed away after a short bout with pancreatic cancer.

https://sonicstate.com/news/2023/02/11/tragic-news-dominic-hawken-rip/

I feel weird posting this, I didn't know him personally but I always really enjoyed him as a guest on sonic talk and would also incidentally tune in to his more off-beat and personal mr. Wiggly podcast. A few months ago I stumbled on a livestream he was hosting with I believe a friend or relative of him who had been struggling with addiction and basically they were doing a sort of open recurring group-therapy session. It was somewhat surreal and occasionally made me feel slightly uncomfortable but it was so incredibly heartwarming to see these guys making a genuine effort to connect and help each other... it takes a special kind of character, I think, to just fly in the face of cynicism like that. On YT of all places.

Anyway, even though I've been gas-free for over 2 years now and synth youtube people usually rub me the wrong way I've always had a soft spot for sonic talk and many of their guests. This is incredibly sad news.

Edited by user
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1