IGNORED

"The Fire This Time" Re-release (featuring Aphex Twin, Speedy J, Orbital and more)

LooseLink

https://burningshed.com/various-artists_the-fire-this-time_2cd?filter_tag=The_Fire_This_Time

Re-stock of the double CD edition of Grant Wakefield's acclaimed The Fire This Time.

"....terrifying and timely....assembled with such originality that it creates its own new genre of protest record...." - The Independent On Sunday 5/5 

With samples, narration, and music contributions by the cream of the electronica scene - inc. Aphex Twin, Orbital, Bass Communion and Ashra, the album deconstructs the first Gulf war of 1991, revealing the history of Western duplicity in Iraq and support for Saddam Hussein, the extraordinary violence of the war itself, and its brutal aftermath, in which economic sanctions were imposed to collectively punish the civilian population for the sins of a dictator.

CD 2 features instrumentals.

To celebrate its 20th anniversary, all purchases include a 16bit 44.1kHz WAV download with videos, artwork, pdf documents and previously unreleased music (available in your account). Download extras include Miriam Ryle's pioneering 1994 documentary Voices From Iraq, Banco De Gaia's live version of Not In My Name, and the original 72 page CD booklet.

fire.jpg

Edited by LooseLink
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, aencre said:

Curious to revisit this. That Bola track ("I wish I was born a dog in America") haunted me for years.

It is a vera beautiful track! It's only "Dog In America"

• Like 1