IGNORED

To All The French Peoples Here Or Those Here Who Know France Abit Somehow Whatever Pffffff...

LooseLink

Ok, I've been to Paris.... at least, years ago now, before the pandemic... thankfully...... but ok, I will say, it was a lovely nice place.... to visit briefly anyway.... PFFFFFF..... "madame monsieur"  *fart* 😉 

But yeah anyway, we all know the Tour de France, I'm sure your girlfriend does anyway pff.... but what I'm really wondering and guessing, this video is from the 70's or 80's somewhere.... but did y'all actually raid piss shops during the Tour De.... and not wear bloody helmets???! The manager had to pay for your antics afterwards???? You animals pfffffffffffff *smokes a cigarette in the street while my dog shits everywhere pffffff.....*  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, LooseLink said:

Ok, I've been to Paris.... at least, years ago now, before the pandemic... thankfully...... but ok, I will say, it was a lovely nice place.... to visit briefly anyway.... PFFFFFF..... "madame monsieur"  *fart* 😉 

But yeah anyway, we all know the Tour de France, I'm sure your girlfriend does anyway pff.... but what I'm really wondering and guessing, this video is from the 70's or 80's somewhere.... but did y'all actually raid piss shops during the Tour De.... and not wear bloody helmets???! The manager had to pay for your antics afterwards???? You animals pfffffffffffff *smokes a cigarette in the street while my dog shits everywhere pffffff.....*  

40603d2bf51ee11507ee39484d84eb5b.jpg

they drank, smoked etc while riding and racing

tour-de-france-smoking-cyclists-1.jpg

https://www.welovecycling.com/wide/2017/06/30/tour-de-france-back-day-check-10-historical-photographs-grande-boucle/

couldn't find it but there's a photo somewhere of a dude on his bike in the tour w/a giant salami sandwich chomping away.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ignatius said:

40603d2bf51ee11507ee39484d84eb5b.jpg

they drank, smoked etc while riding and racing

tour-de-france-smoking-cyclists-1.jpg

https://www.welovecycling.com/wide/2017/06/30/tour-de-france-back-day-check-10-historical-photographs-grande-boucle/

couldn't find it but there's a photo somewhere of a dude on his bike in the tour w/a giant salami sandwich chomping away.

Not fully bad-mouthing, just fascinated and having fun, but anyway, mostly, I just find it fascinating, in New Zealand anyway, our rugby used to be hardcore as, the 1970's and 80's, but then the rules put a stop to most of it, guess it happened to you too in De Tour, all the recent Tour de Frances I've seen seem cutesy in comparison, we had riots in the 1980's that caused us to change the rules, piss shops here were raided as well I'm sure: 

Edited by LooseLink
  • Like 2

Tommy Simpson. Died during his ascent of the Mont Ventoux from having drunk too much brandy and taken amphetamines in a 42 degree (centigrade) heat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Stock said:

Read this thread while vaping* and sighing in equal measures.

* I only do blue cheese flavored e-cig liquid with 90mg of nicotine

i wish i was healthy enough for stimulants. 

• Like 1

Been watching abit more on the history of "de Tour of the de France and all that whatever pfff, smokes a cigarette etc", and... wow ok.

.....Do you know what started me on this "journey I guess"?... the 1904 American Olympics, the first to be held there:

I am increasingly getting more fascinated with 19th century mass sport events like this, because I'm now realizing they got away with a hell of alot! 

Anyway for those who don't know about 1904:

• Like 1