IGNORED

Where is Native Instruments Absynth 5 in Windows 11 22H2 for a D.A.W?

Alien Sugar

I have it installed but the vst3 can't be found. I bought Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate Collectors Edition Upgrade from Version 8.

Where is Absynth 5 for Cubase Artist 11.0.41? The app is installed and i can open Absynth 5 and play with it. Press the ass off.

yeah. absynth was abandoned. 

i don't think there is a VST3 version.  VST2 and AU only and neither is not apple silicon native. 

the installer may not even show up in Native Access. you might have to go to download it manually from your "Products and serials" at NI's site. 

whatever host you are using enable VST2 support and scan that folder from within your DAW and it should show up. 

Edited by ignatius

22 minutes ago, Alien Sugar said:

I just found out there is a pirated version for 5.30 and i'm wondering if it will install the vst3 hmmz0rcakez .

i doubt it... unless they somehow recompiled the code to be vst3 and got a VST3 license from steinberg... since NI never released a VST3 version afaik. 

the final version is 5.3.4 which is what i have installed. no VST3 installed. i think there's only one host that requires VST3 and doesn't support VST2 and that's steinberg cubase.  i don't think VST3 gains any features over VST2.x.  VST3 may actually have fewer features than VST2.x

It's a loss any way they want to do business. And now because i'm missing the vst3. I hope their business fails from this day forth. If you disagree, publicize my thread.

Bum deal huh? Just bought 14 collectors. Though since your post the spirits are proclaiming, i'm good. :DP) I'll make the move to Pro Tools for better or worse. I don't care. Pizza tonight too!

NI was the future….in 2001. They are now very much the past and just controlled by some holding company that is milking their legacy in a passive-income kind of manner. see also Waves. 

made a lot of good stuff and you can still make great snds with their instruments but don’t expect anything new other than a jillion sample libraries, a few reakt-bases instruments and some goofy 1-knob plugins they roll out to make it look like Komplete is a good deal

Edited by exitonly