IGNORED

plugin addiction

Guest hahathhat

Guest version2006

IMO the real advantage to dealing with smaller developers is the immediate support (most times directly from the developer...see Xhip)

Guest version2006
IMHO energyXT is just loads more sophisticated then floops

Can you please tell me more about energyXT? I'm reading on the website and I am very interested in some of the features.

Please tell me more...

I love the fact that I am using energyxt with no help. multiple sequencers that don't start on sync. what a trip. probably a way to make that happen but I'll figure it out if i need to.

but my reaktor creations keep crashing the energyxt.

they seem to survive inside of nuendo.

tomorrow I'll try the fruit stand and see if it holds up better.

energyxt needs more drag and drop functionality.

energyxt has plenty drag and drop functionality

read the help files or watch the turtorials

f3

Guest version2006

yeah, I like it as well. reminds me a bit of buzz. ext plus reaktor is fun but my bigger reaktor patches crash the app.

your brainfart beats will come along just fine dead person.

yeah, I like it as well. reminds me a bit of buzz. ext plus reaktor is fun but my bigger reaktor patches crash the app.

your brainfart beats will come along just fine dead person.

are you having any problems with the sampler crashing your projects?

windows xp... intel core duo proc... 1gig ram....no virii, drives nicely defragged...

It doesn't do it all the time, but the slicer seems to like to...

Guest version2006

identical spec, no probs other than NI Reaktor, but I'm on to trying out Fruit basket tonight.

i use reaktor with every energyxt project I've made and never had any problems with it except for when its playing notes and I undo a split notes operation

I've just got Renoise and am very impressed with it so far - only been fiddling about, nothing serious, but I LOVE tracker programs (I used to be an Amiga nut) and think that I will make some extremely nice music with this program.....Will post a track soon.....ish....

EDIT: I also got energyXT and have no clue at all what to do with it or how to make it make any noise....: (

Guest version2006
EDIT: I also got energyXT and have no clue at all what to do with it or how to make it make any noise....: (

really?

really?

Yeah, I'm using the standalone version. Couldn't work out how to put in VSTs etc. - Where are all the menus and options?

How do you sequence stuff in it?

Guest version2006

try right clicking in the center of the screen. assuming you've mapped your vst dir correctly...

you must add a sequencer as an "comp" and then attach it's midi outputs (depending on how many outputs you have enabled inside the seq object) to the midi inputs of any vst synth/sampler you create...then attach the audio outputs of the vsti to the master output (or a mixer in series if you have multiple sources to mix together)

edit: connect devices by dragging wires a la reaktor or buzz

fairly standard mojo here...

another complaint I found was that I couldn't route an aux send from the mixer (thru an effect) back into another channel of the mixer re: feedback loop...the work around was to create another mixer and route that mixer's output back to the orig mixer...

ber ber ber

Guest version2006

esta bien.

good luck.

btw, if you create multiple sequencers...like maybe one to program drums and another to program synths...they don't all get a start sig from the master clock. I haven't figured out how to sync them up. It's kind of fun to try to start them on phrase because they almost line up...kind of like pressing play on a 303

esta bien.

good luck.

btw, if you create multiple sequencers...like maybe one to program drums and another to program synths...they don't all get a start sig from the master clock. I haven't figured out how to sync them up. It's kind of fun to try to start them on phrase because they almost line up...kind of like pressing play on a 303

Hmmm, that sounds a bit dodgy.....sure it can be rectified though....

Yeah. eXT is reccomended here as well. Its been my main host for a long time, haven't looked back (cept buzz a couple times). Waiting for that blasted XT2.0!

Alright, so I've read the manual, and I've managed to sync my sequencers to master tempo, now how do I make them play when I press play on the master?

:cry2:

thanks ahead eXT vets

Thats a problem. I dont think that this has been worked out yet. Try using one sequencer as the main sync device and loading the other sequencers as eXT VSTi, then press play in the main seq. remember to set the sequencers in the VSTs to external sync. The main window controls are a bit underdeveloped. Ive never tried using multiple sequencers yet but I know enough that this should work with this method. The vst is very good at syncing under other sequencer's controls.

Thats a problem. I dont think that this has been worked out yet. Try using one sequencer as the main sync device and loading the other sequencers as eXT VSTi, then press play in the main seq. remember to set the sequencers in the VSTs to external sync. The main window controls are a bit underdeveloped. Ive never tried using multiple sequencers yet but I know enough that this should work with this method. The vst is very good at syncing under other sequencer's controls.

alrighty, I will use that method for the time being.

Thanks sir!

Archived