IGNORED

101 jus arrived

pcock

this device is phenomenal, fiddling about writing incredibly technical and intricate melodies and basslines just by flicking the Mod lever in certain ways, i didnt know what to expect but it wasnt like it is.

this device is phenomenal, fiddling about writing incredibly technical and intricate melodies and basslines just by flicking the Mod lever in certain ways, i didnt know what to expect but it wasnt like it is.

mp3 or stfu :grin:

Guest 死んでく

exactly man! you shouldnt even begin on a softsynth at all, "start practicing on a soft synth for a couple months" is like criminal advice because it is so wrong

here is some equally bad advice, dont touch those beautiful boobies yet, you should practice groping on these happy birthday party balloons instead

Guest Captain Cooper

I think having a hands-on control surface is more important than having a hardware SYNTH per se.

I think having a hands-on control surface is more important than having a hardware SYNTH per se.

ZOMGBLOWUPDOLOLOLWTFKEKEKE ^_^

Guest 死んでく

Hands on control surface incorporated into beautiful sounding hardware synthesizer = great.

Hands on control surface + computer = lame fashionable copout waste of money sounds worse.

Guest Captain Cooper

Hands on control surface incorporated into beautiful sounding hardware synthesizer = great.

Hands on control surface + computer = lame fashionable copout waste of money sounds worse.

Are you REALLY saying that any hardware synth will sound better than any VST?

And that the only reason people use computers is because it's fashionable?

Crikey.

I suppose VSTs that do stereo are even worse? :yeah:

Guest 死んでく

A lot of hardware synthesizers are just as bad as VST.

One of the reasons people use VST is because it's fashionable. There are many other bad reasons too.

Captain Cooper, you disagree with me on two things that I don't even think. Well done.

Enjoy your turd VST, and I will enjoy my sweet SH 101.

Don't feed the troll Cap'n, he's just being a dick to have some fun.

I was reading the latest issue of sound on sound recently, they interviewed some dood who does alot of production for Dr Dre. The bass sounds for a ton of his songs were done with Arturia Minimoog VST, even though Dre has the real thing. Why? Because it sounds (according to them), exactly the same, and its a million times easier to work with.

Whether or not you like Dre's music, this is at least pertinent commetary, as it's generally well produced.

Guest 死んでく
Don't feed the troll Cap'n, he's just being a dick to have some fun.

Mate, I'm just saying my opinions.

Thanks for flaming me. What have I done to you? Just say my opinions in the public forum. Pro SH101 fanboyism in an SH101 thread. That's really trying to disrupt the discussion!

If you're going to talk about VST go make a VST thread?

My intentions are 100% genuine mate. I just want to talk about music gear on the music gear forum. I want to discuss people's thoughts and reasoning even if it is a bit harsh. I've never been personally attacking anyone. Well thanks for the flame, thanks for writing things I didn't say and attack them, thanks for calling me a troll being a dick for pleasure when I am being totally genuine.

If you feel defensive about your way of thinking, then you can explain your reasoning or ignore me or whatever, but please let's not be personal and name calling in personal ways. It's ok to attack what someone says, that's fine, but it's not cool to attack the person (unless he's a murderer or something).

Well my intentions are honest man, I offer to help people with Atari ST software etc, I want to be friends and not enemies here.

I think it's just attacking someone personally because you disagree with his opinions. That sucks. Let's be friends and realise that we disagree. See, no trolling, no being a dick, we just disagree.

If some guy doesn't like VST, why do you care? If you like it you can do it, just ignore those opinions. Don't call the guy a troll just because he thinks differently and says his opinions openly.

Sorry for ranting... damn lol

:rolleyes:

Archived