IGNORED

Id like to know what ya'll think of my music.

funkaholic

Guest *__DOLLA MENU__*

im gonna be honest with you. im not a fan. i can tell you are new to production and song writing so you really just need more experience. work on your sounds. your song structure is fine but the actual sounds are very boring and sound like presets. it is ok to use presets but not if everything sounds preset. apply some different effects and start experimenting with creating differnt sounds that might fit better and keep the listeners attention.

im gonna be honest with you. im not a fan. i can tell you are new to production and song writing so you really just need more experience. work on your sounds. your song structure is fine but the actual sounds are very boring and sound like presets. it is ok to use presets but not if everything sounds preset. apply some different effects and start experimenting with creating differnt sounds that might fit better and keep the listeners attention.

yeah iam new, nearly 2 years (and ive never had any sort of musical training) :embrassed: ive been trying to brake away from the preset sounds recently but i just love the vintage preset sounds on FL6! im thinking of moving to reason once i get my new computer cos my current pc is cack! applying effects/filters on sounds often slows everything down which really gets on my tits. thanks alot for saying what you habe you said though it was helpful.

i like your stuff funk. what are you using to write your tracks?

thanks man, im currently using Fruity loops 6, keepin' it primitive.

this a track ive recently made (still needs work) tell me what ya'll think so far: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WNNA62JM

FL 6 isn't primitive really. Although I haven't used it, its fairly new and I used to use version 3 which was well featured. bla bla nevermind im uesless i should die

Im sorry, while I think FL6 is a fine tool for producing music... I have to laugh when I hear "I just love those Vintage FL6 sounds!".

"Vintage" indeed!

and primative too!

:teeth:

go to reason and get that vintage sampler aliasing :fear:

Guest yan_g

couldn't get myspace to work so i'm listening to that last track you posted.

now beginning. like the sounds and production, sounds fresh in some way, don't like that kindof hi-hat. once the synth disappears it gets alittle boring for a while, then the second synth enters, nothing special, could vary more (in the sounds too). now evolution in the sound after a rhythm phase. there are no high frequencies. is that intended? sounds a little tape recording, it's got its charm although i'd like some higher frequncies and ounds a litle crisper. the synth chord then is boring to me although i can feel an interesting vibe. 3:00 starting to find it too long... get some tutorials on how to use a synth, i bet there are very good ones online. like the tempo change near the end (i like when things change :grin: ). no proper end.

well it seems to me that the most important thing doesn't lack in your music. it sure doesn't sound professional but it's not another afx or boc ripoff, and i much prefer amateur music that has a little something over a professionally produced soulless ripoff.

keep us posted, and keep developing your music, learn new techniques, listen to many different records in many different styles. it sounded promising to me. hope i'm not too pedant :P

• 3 weeks later...

Im sorry, while I think FL6 is a fine tool for producing music... I have to laugh when I hear "I just love those Vintage FL6 sounds!".

"Vintage" indeed!

go to reason and get that vintage sampler aliasing :fear:

yesh as soon as i get a new computer im instaling reason.

couldn't get myspace to work so i'm listening to that last track you posted.

now beginning. like the sounds and production, sounds fresh in some way, don't like that kindof hi-hat. once the synth disappears it gets alittle boring for a while, then the second synth enters, nothing special, could vary more (in the sounds too). now evolution in the sound after a rhythm phase. there are no high frequencies. is that intended? sounds a little tape recording, it's got its charm although i'd like some higher frequncies and ounds a litle crisper. the synth chord then is boring to me although i can feel an interesting vibe. 3:00 starting to find it too long... get some tutorials on how to use a synth, i bet there are very good ones online. like the tempo change near the end (i like when things change :grin: ). no proper end.

well it seems to me that the most important thing doesn't lack in your music. it sure doesn't sound professional but it's not another afx or boc ripoff, and i much prefer amateur music that has a little something over a professionally produced soulless ripoff.

keep us posted, and keep developing your music, learn new techniques, listen to many different records in many different styles. it sounded promising to me. hope i'm not too pedant :P

yeah, ive still got alot to learn, my freind gave me a little music lesson the other night which very helpful, thanks for the comments they were very helpful. unfourtuantly my serial number ran out for my fruity loops so i havent been able to use it for a month:( any version i download the pads are still a demo, by any chance can someone sort me out with a good version of fruity loops;) thanks.

thanks for the all comment everyone, theyve been really helpful.

Archived