IGNORED

A Pinker Fig

Guest wasps

A Pinker Fig

Hello all, been suffering a bout of ye olde writers blocke, and this is the first to surface for over a month... Any comments, as always, are much appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

haha, wicked; some schizo shit going on. maybe you could make it a bit more spontanious, a little less well-mixed, a bit rougher.. it sounds a little too polished i think, a bit too slick for such a mashupped track maybe..

Lovely use of stereo, great mastering - very clean. Nice programming on the drums. I do agree with iep in that it might almost be a bit too well produced. Could do with some vinyl crackle or something maybe.....

interesting listen. don't like the opera voice tho. would be interesting to remix it.

is your music recorded or based on samples (or both)?

got my answer. like your stuff. now playing thingq from your page's mp3 player.

i don't have the time to sort out a remix pack at the moment, but at some point i'd be into that, defo.

all guitar/key based stuff is recorded externally, the vibes, strings, drums are internal - sampler instruments in the exs. generally i don't directly sample stuff, with the notable exception of the opera samples (and incidental vox), but sometimes snippets of the associated strings sneak in... .)

glad you dug yan, even if the opera samples weren't your bag.

I thought it was wicked! Very nicely recorded, as noted by several others, sounds v. professional and that appeals to me! Though i agree with yan about the opera voice; kind of stuck out a bit and the vibe i was feeling faltered a bit.

Enjoyed the laid back loungey style : )

When the opera voice first chips in at 01:08 it seems too sudden and doesnt seem to fit, but when it comes in later (at 01:30) it seems to fit in OK.

I liked the background vocals at 00:30. And I liked the way some bleeps creep in at 01:15.

I really liked the vibe, and feel that it could have been a bit longer (I dont say that very often). The lounge-jazz vibe was bedding in nicely with the other opera and eletronic elements, and then it ends quite quickly. It would have been nice to continue to explore that jazzy space for another 2 mins or so.

Cheers for having a gander guys, much appreciated. The opera vocal is a matter of taste, but it's part of an idea I'm experimenting with at the mo. I defo agree that the first short snippet isn't very successful, and I've stuck it on the 'to do list'. .)

Thanks again.

I will just say that I like this, but I will not go deeper in detail cuz mu English sux ; ). I generaly like the whole feeling and the atmosphere. Nice stuff.

Guest oxiactionmax

i love the opera samples, you used them like an instrument, i nearly mistook them for a theremin/ ondes sound at the start, great work. what are they from anyway?

best stuff i've ever heard in here, very well mixed and the opera voice is just dandy. the people who want "vinyl crackle" are silly, don't listen to them. great job!

I will just say that I like this, but I will not go deeper in detail cuz mu English sux ; ). I generaly like the whole feeling and the atmosphere. Nice stuff.

i love the opera samples, you used them like an instrument, i nearly mistook them for a theremin/ ondes sound at the start, great work. what are they from anyway?

best stuff i've ever heard in here, very well mixed and the opera voice is just dandy. the people who want "vinyl crackle" are silly, don't listen to them. great job!

Wow, multiple replies! Always good! :) Glad some peeps are feeling the opera; I know its an acquired taste. oxiactionmax - they're from an LP by Maria Callas, the name of which I forget at the moment...

*scratches head.

Thanks again all for having a listen, and for the encouraging words. Much appreciated.

Shit I haven't commented on any shit for ages. But yeah this is nice again Wasps. I can hear that little casio rhythm thing in the background. Probably not my fav of yours but still emotionally appealing. Has that very 60s spy/thriller/bond feeling again. I could definitely hear your stuff blowing up big time soon.

Archived