IGNORED

theepwormmen - i found this on a tape from 1992

Guest iep

theepwormmen

found this on a old dusty tape labelled '1992' while looking through some old stuff in my basement, i can hardly recall recording it.. nostalgia...

This reminds me a bit of the last track off of Pig's Genuine American Monster album. But I figure they just ripped you off since this track came first :) Damn, you've been kicking ass with ambient soundscapes for over a decade! Hats off. How long have you been making experimental music for?

heheh, so it was convincing eh? i made this track last night and i finished it this afternoon/evening. i was 4 years old in 1992! not that i ripped Pig off or something - i never heard that album (but i'll definitely check it out :)).

this track does make me feel nostalgic though.. i tried to make a dusty, semi-broken tape sound on this one, using only digital synths & fx.. maybe i should try to pass it off as an old boards of canada track in those subforums/hellish pits over there in the corner of watmm ;)

Guest thisket

Quite lovely. Sell this to that THX company that makes the big bwoooooom noise in the beginning of movies.

I'm a year older than you! You gave me the impression that you were at least 20-something.

Hey you never know. There are lots of older peeps frequenting this forum. I was surprised that you retained as much of your 1992 style with your newer stuff, but now that the truth is out it makes more sense. In 1992 I would have been... ten. That would make you... incredibly gifted for a 17 year old. Keep at it. I was a rocker at 17, only electronic music I was really into was NIN, but soon after I got into other cheesy industrial stuff like FLA and Skinny Puppy. I've only been into the electronic music/experimental stuff for about three years, started making it last year, but I'd been doing my own brand of cheesy industrial music for a while before that.

im very impressed. i have tapes from 1992 but there would be no way in hell i would ever share them. this however, is awesome.

good to hear you guys enjoyed this little slab of sound,

I've only been into the electronic music/experimental stuff for about three years, started making it last year, but I'd been doing my own brand of cheesy industrial music for a while before that.

you've been churning out a lot of tracks in little time then! i'm surprised to hear that. i & the other people that i turned onto your music all think that its pretty unusual for such tracks to just be given away for free (albeit a bit acidplanet-compressed) since they all sound like they were crafted by some hermit with meticulous attention to detail that shuts himself into a basement of some kind and works at his tracks 24/7 until they sound perfect. no offense: on the contrary, that's probably the biggest compliment i can give to anyone making music.

even though i like your recent tracks overall more than your older stuff, i'd like to hear some of your old cheesy industrial music; do you have any of that online?

Archived