IGNORED

to live as if you were dreaming..

chaosmachine

i think most people here probably associate me with photos these days, but music is just as much an outlet for me.. perhaps more..

still, writing music is much harder.. it's not something i can just turn on, like a camera, where all you do is push a button and you've got what you wanted. (good) music only happens when my subconcious wants it to happen.. it's not something i have reliable access to. but now and then, a connection is made somewhere, and the music starts to play..

anyway, here is the song..

to live as if you were dreaming

i hope you like it. comments appreciated :)

Guest felttipen

sounds just a little bit like...er...boards of canada. i cant do any better so its good in my opinion, i would like it more if you did more with the drums. more bass drums and make them more punchy. maybe introduce more drums later through the track.

not really my cup of tea but it was a pretty good track, simple & cute, but i should say that the production quality/the mix was quite dodgy - too thin and shallow to be really interesting like boc's stuff. if you'd fatten & crunch it up, and made it more deep & complex, it could be real nice.

haha, so that thread in gb is there because you posted something here?

i just noticed the number of thread views in here is a lot lower than it used to be. ylc needs more exposure.. i've got a couple ideas for fixing this, but i wanted to see what (if any) impact a sticky would have.

Nice melody - I agree about it all being a bit thin. Needs some phattening up man! Get your mastering hat on...... Anyway, nice little simple beat and whirly synth melodies...definitely BOC -y, but lacks the space and depth. The main lead/pad running through the track has an annoying gravelly/static-y top end resonance too it that needs despatching IMO. Maybe just turn down the resonance? Generally really nice programming, all your melodies fit together like an 8 piece jigsaw. I would say that most of your stuff tends to have a "Japanese" feel to it though, which I'm not that into.....I think it's the whole tone and wooweeewoooweeewooo bits all over the place.....

Guest AlexPallas

i found the precussion a little thin and the bass a little boring. melodies are dead on, maybe need some remastering tho. good stuff.

Guest the man

Great track! I enjoyed the melodies, but am not too sure about the sound of the track. With a bit of tweaking this could be a super cool tune.

Archived