IGNORED

Boc-alike I concocted...

Guest JJ

Guest Devastator Beat Creator

It doesn't touch on the real Boards but tell me what you think anyway; not my best track but certianly has a bit of boc in it (especially with the cut up vocal part)

Cheers

bocver2.mp3

yeah, it's ok, the melody goes a bit out of tune in the last bar though, needs to be 1 note up or something. nice beat, but lacked the punch and prescence of BOC. overall though i thought was well put together, nice vibe.

Hmm, I've had that comment made before, that it's slightly out of tune in the last bar, which makes me think perhaps I should change it, allthough it was originally intended, you mean the way the big bass part has it's last note detuned? Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Not keen on the rhodes keys; they sound too raw for me. I think you should personally scrap that sound as its too weak or alternatively thicken the bastard up with some heavy reverb or consider knocking the brightness off the keys.

Yeah the initial notes sounded pretty shit to be honest but once you introduced the 2nd layer of notes it improves it. Yeah I definitely think you should scrap the rhodes sound and replace it with something stronger.

Beat is pretty strong and you got that whole boc juttering voice thing down to a t. I don't think its quite BOC myself but yeah the vibe is pretty nice.

I am kinda getting a little bored of it now after 5mins. Musically its just not strong enough I feel for 7/8 mins. You're gonna need more than repeating the same notes but with different sounds. Yeah now its gettin' irritating as hell at 6min. Ha ha you're taking the piss at 8 mins. Its just sounding very much like a loop on endless repeat which is what it is after 4/5 mins. 4mins tops for this track. Not bad though as I've heard a lot worse.

In the end musically it just didn't really draw me in with a high degree of excitement. Clearly you can make some strong beats but you just need to work the music side of things because I tend to ignore a lot of the beat if I ain't into the music. Get some stronger sounds and get some nice soft pads in the mix. Listen to Fieldtriqp or Loafeye for some inspiration but don't copy them lol. All said I think you got potential so keep going. And anyways you've come to the right place if you want fairly raw criticism which is better than the ego stroking that goes on at Myspace.

well. I dont hear anything wrong with the end like mentioned earlier. It sounds low but ont out of tune. Im usually an accurate judge of this type of thing. It was funny with the cut up[ thing. I wasn't very inspired but kind of impressed that you decided to do something like this, but its not something Ill listen to again.

Guest pantsonmyhead

i think it's a bit long winded but i also realy like the melody and the drums

i just kind skipped from about 1/3 of the way to the big bass part and it was great

i should probably say that I'm monitoring this on laptop speakers so i can't really give a full critique

Guest oxiactionmax

this thread inspired me to post my own boc ripoff so i suppose you deserve a review...

ok, the beat is great, i agree with the rhodes criticism and i think you should lose the first few bars and just get stuck in with the nice bocish harmonies from the get go. Otherwise it's pretty mint i think, perhaps a bit on the long side.

a lot less lazy than my effort.

Promo, thanks for the tip, I might go back on this one when I get my 'studio' back up and running. I 100% agree with you about the criticism thing, thats why I posted the track and I thought yours was a really useful post...

I get that the general gist from reviewers (cheers by the way) is that this track is too long and drawn out, though I would say I'd agree, whether or not a track is drawn out too much or not depends on why and when you're listening to it. Not to liken it but for example a track like Turquoise Hexagon Sun could always have been shorter but you wish it continues forever if you're tripping out listening to it half asleep. The problem is that it'd get boring on public transport or something, I don't know. Anyway, I'm off to check out your tune, Oxiactionmax, n cheers for the compliment. See you in your poast...;)

quite nice...again not overly boccish so far

like the subtle use of apache ( if i'm not imagining it )

oh hang on the vocals started - that is kinda boccy i guess

( but then its not like boc invented that or anything else )

i dont like that big clanging snare

( i am listening on a laptop )

not digging the bass sound though it doesn't sound outta tune to me

though the first few minutes are better than the last few

like the subtle use of apache ( if i'm not imagining it )

Spot on, Sherlock...(!) Thought I'd hidden it well. Heh, new compitition, make a boc sounding track with an amen in it!

Archived