IGNORED

Computer music.

Guest Thisket

there is no wrong DAW try FL you might like it, just cos 99% of people dont know jack shit about it and only use 1% of it's features is no reason to knock it.

Well said! I keep finding new features and I've been using it for ages. I think it's bloody brilliant. I would recommend FL Studio 6 though....

Guest blicero

don't listen to Mosca. if Reason works for you, use it. you can do tons with it.

besides, mosca is a brainwashed ableton operative...

what i'd personally recommend is to limit yourself to 1 program of a type and just learn it in and out. like maxmsp might be vast and limitless, but it ain't gonna do you any good if you can't DO anything in it. likewise if you CAN do anything in a certain program, go with that, learn it, and you'll learn how to do a whole lot more with it. it's pretty ridiculous the excess having even like 5 programs gives you that can in and of itself be crippling to actually making any music as you'd only be scratching the surface of what each thing can do.

renoise is a good one if you're already fucking around with it and able to do some things as it is a self contained music making program if you want to just work with samples, so you can concentrate on JUST using that, and learn it in and out, but it can also use vst's for if and when you want to expand.

reason is perfect for learning imho, i used it for more than 2 years before i finally ventured out in vst-land. trust me, it's going to be your best shot. it limits you perfectly, yet is versatile as hell as you become better and better, figure out new ways to route stuff and program synths.

Guest Eastern Europe

simple. record your hardware synths and such with cubase. save as wav file> loop ity over and over again in fruity loops. then pretend that you are palying your unplugged midi controller.

Guest Mr. Modular

Besides, anyone who manages to use the mc-500 (which is really cryptic to be honest) should be able to use any software tools.

Guest Thisket

Quite flattered. I managed to understand it without a manual :).

Yes, Renoise is really fun. I'm quite happy with it, but would still like to see something a little bit more in-depth like Max/MSP. Maybe later...

Thanks for everyone's input! I again apologize for being so stupid, but now I have a "smart" on everyone - I know my MC-500.

get fruity .. or reason ... nice entry level programs ... plus get some kind of sound editing software ... for mastering ....

+ i prefer the automation style in fruity ... but wotevfr

reason cant use 3rd party VST's or any VST's for that matter

hence - avoid like the plague

i have version 3 sitting in a box - installed, lol'd, uninstalled, put in cupboard

reason was an inovation 5 years ago i'll grant you that - but no VST's!

c'mon

mp,

Archived