IGNORED

Massive/FM8/Absynth4

acid1

before you guys start ripping on NI i just wanted to mention that without absynth, reaktor, and fm7 most of you guys prolly wouldn't have made too much music.

Yeah reaktor is brilliant. Im buying it this week. I just had a look at the reaktor core thing that it has which secured the deal.

EDIT: But yeah Zebra 2 is immense i remember trying out a free beta stage version a few months back and it looked very promising.

before you guys start ripping on NI i just wanted to mention that without absynth, reaktor, and fm7 most of you guys prolly wouldn't have made too much music.

i would have...

i've used absynth a lot in the past but.. now i don't. you can make music with anything

it's weird that you don't mention kontakt or battery, because some people depend on them....

Guest welcome to the machine

? there are so many ways of making music, I didn't even use vst's for a long while, then i just sampled stuff, then i used vst's but not the ones mentioned, then I got them, used them for a bit, got bored and stuck with reaktor...

ive made hundreds of tracks without these plugs, implying there 'standards' of the electronic musicians studio is a bit strong!

<edit> yeah just checked out zebra 2, looks good..

don't take that statement as a personal attack people, i just meant that a lot of us went thru a period (oh 5 years ago maybe) where the NI products were hot as hell and a lot of us used them religiously. I credit thier software as helping electronic musicians thrive.

anyways i was honestly more or less curious if someone tried them out instead of moronically suggesting other plugins or giving your holier then thou opinion on the entire company and its product range.

i've been using all three for ages.

absynth 4 i haven't played with much, but the feature set has definitely improved. more on that one later.

fm8 has some very intuitive ways to create new sounds as well as the slightly complex FM matrix, and the effects allow for some spectacular patches. plus it's pretty easy on the CPU.

massive is simply fuckin' phenomenal. it's not just about the KIND of sound, it's the QUALITY and the FEEL. for that reason, it's a bit heavy on the CPU, but worth every cycle. you can create very sick throbbing massive basslines, ripping leads, biting chordal sounds. it's really great.

there are other cool plugins out there, sure. i think it's de facto that people assault the bigger names in any industry, that's just how it goes.

taken on their own, they sound great, they're intuitive to create new sounds with, and they're pretty to look at, which doesn't hurt.

my two cents.

c

maybe you're right maus, but i think it's the other way around: i admire people who give their free time to coding great software. that doesn't necessarily mean i dislike big companies. i dislike NI, but i like propellerheads.

i think it has something to do with their KORE advertisement, after seeing that i got kind of biased.

i'm interested in massive for sure.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

i actually never used NI stuff that intensively... four or five years ago i was using reason and some other random -ware. when i got into cubase and vsts, i actually wound up using other stuff a lot more. over time, i'd say i owe a lot more to korg's plugins than to NI's.

but i do definitely use the shit out of battery2, pull out b4 when i want organ... etc...

• 4 weeks later...

Incase you guys cared I gave the Massive demo a shot today and I'm in love. I think it has more unique waveforms, filters, evelopes (kinda this stepper and something similar to absynth) that you might have assumed.

Also the routing is top notch, pretty much any range of anything to anything, major interpolate algorithms going on.

Now I need to face the morality vs cash war with myself.

Archived