IGNORED

Geogaddi or TCH?

Guest slimzim

Guest slimzim

Hey, I'm new to the boards and a huge fan of MHTRTC. I've listened to it in its entirety on the bus on the way to school so many times that it practically feels like it's part of my DNA now. Question: Where should I go next, TCH or Geogaddi? Reviews and posts on this board have me leading towards TCH. :undecided:

You'd better follow their releases chronogically. So I'd suggest you to continue with Geogaddi. Geogaddi is really dark and mysterious, just like Music Has The Right To Children, but in better. The Campfire Headphase is where Boards of Canada "changed their direction into folk", let's say. This is a joyful and peaceful album. Both Geogaddi and The Campfire Headphase are awesome, but Geogaddi would be a better purchase, to be honest. Everyone, or almost, would suggest you Geogaddi first.

Hm, not necessarily the responses I would have expected.

I recommend the In a Beautiful Place out in the Country EP

or Hi Scores EP.

Those follow closest to the spirit of MHTRTC, and, if you really want to move on to Geogaddi next, IABPOITC will ease you into that (it is the next in chronological order).

Maybe strangely, I'm not a big fan of Geogaddi. I respect it, but don't like it that much.

I think you'd probably like TCH after some getting used to it.

But, the best advice might be to get ahold of Old Tunes Vol 1, Old Tunes Vol 2, and A Few Old Tunes from the internets. And Maxima. Those, and Hi Scores EP, are the closest in spirit to MHTRTC.

Guest slimzim
Hm, not necessarily the responses I would have expected.

I recommend the In a Beautiful Place out in the Country EP

or Hi Scores EP.

Those follow closest to the spirit of MHTRTC.

That's what I'm looking for. The spirit of MHTRTC, even still, is so fascinating to me. I wasn't even sure I liked the album at first, and then all of a sudden it was four months later and I had listened to the album in its entirety every single morning on the bus on the way to school.

Guest Mental Eclipse

I'd recommend "Geogaddi" beffore "The Campfire Headphase". Also be sure to check out their early EP's and "In a Bautiful Place out in the Country" like lumpenprol suggested. Geogaddi is deffinetly my personal favorte BOC album.

Archived