IGNORED

acid software for os x?

Guest Saskrotch

check your os x disc. there should be a workable os 9 installation on it, too.

reason runs on mac os x.

not if it's an Intel based Mac - as far as i understand it the intel Mac's can't run Classic

reason runs on mac os x.

not if it's an Intel based Mac - as far as i understand it the intel Mac's can't run Classic

nice, so the whole backwards compatibility motto of steve jobs has been thrown out the window.

In 5 years the Mac will be just another brand of PC.

reason runs on mac os x.

nice, so the whole backwards compatibility motto of steve jobs has been thrown out the window.

In 5 years the Mac will be just another brand of PC.

and also the thing that Apple is touting about them being "more secure than Windows" and having no virii will come to an end

i'd say 2 years...and there'll be quite a few virii available for the intel based OS X platform...and since if you have an intel Mac you can code Universal Binaries to run on the PPC Macs, there ya go....widespread virii

kids these days

bust out virtual pc and run Rebirth on that, honestly thats probably the best solution.

Virtual PC won't run on the intel Macs

Apple really did a good job of dividing users here with this whole intel and PowerPC CPU thing

of course some applications that are developed for the PowerPC architecture will run on the intel Macs using the Rosetta transcoding software thing, but it won't run programs that rely on executing AltiVec code (basically programs that are optimized for use with G4 PowerPC chips and higher).

Virtual PC is one of these applications unfortunately

that's the problem with Apple - they make their own machines obsolete :(

Archived