IGNORED

USB/Firewire soundcard for Laptop DJing (Ableton / Traktor)

Guest The Bro

Looking for a decent low latency usb or firewire soundcard for a laptop. One that has multiple channels so i can monitor/check tunes while mixing live. Nothing beyond £120 though. Cheers.

£234.99 is a likkle bit past his £120 budget however :wink2:

I know this is slightly beyond what you were thinking about price-wise, but this seems very good for the price, and all the reviews for it seem pretty positive:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/fl...product_id/4001

i use this: LINK

it's a really nice card. i got mine used for $80 and it gets power from firewire, so no need to worry about a/c adapter or anything (which i think is the case for all these cards).

here's a nice review: LINK

I know this is slightly beyond what you were thinking about price-wise, but this seems very good for the price, and all the reviews for it seem pretty positive:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/fl...product_id/4001

I use it and it's very nice, no problems whatsoever unlike my first choice, the m-audio audiophile usb, which didn't work.

And it's rugged as fuck which is nice in a live environment!

Guest blicero
£234.99 is a likkle bit past his £120 budget however :wink2:

what rip-off retailer did you get that price from? dolphin?

£131 @ zzounds

Guest ambodino mutuumbooo

I don't like m-audio products. I had a few bad experiences during shows concering the stability. I'm currently using a cheap edirol card and it's fucking nice. I would recommand those edirol products. nice and stable.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I use an m-audio usb Quattro, got it off eBay for £80. its discontinued but they pop up now and then. I think its the same thing as that audiophile one pretty much.

Its worked well for me, bit weird tho ;all the ins and outs are for 6.3mm jacks... I dont know why I would want that, I just bought a bunch of adaptors to turn them into RCAs.

ran an m-audio firewire audiophile for a year or so, no problems and v cheap (free in my case).

now running with an rme fireface400....which is another deck of cards altogether.

Archived