IGNORED

You, The One Holding The Controller - We Are Modern Cult Hymnists

is there anything better than sliding your finger from one note to another on a fretboard, and then hearing it on delay? there is nothing better. love this guitar intro. there is human element in this.

then the washover comes in. it is a barren sonic landscape now. the humans have left. around 4:00 mins it reminds me of part of a capitol K track, if you have a brilliant sound memory like i do you would know what i'm talking about otherwise i cant be fucked to try to describe it. this is good track.

7 mins. little creatures have now come in to the baren sonic landscape. they are scampering every which way. life continues whether humans are in it or not. you have completely deconstructed my since of self. everthing is as it is.

Guest awkward

this is incredible. seriously. beak-like intro. the organ comes in a little obtrusively but once its in its beautiful. then its all pots and pans and shit and its great.

sign me up to hear the rest of the music you guys make

• 2 months later...
yes - beautiful

this is better than pretty much all new music ive heard lately

forgot to respond before but remembered it while checking your ourson page

i would like to keep this musics...earstroke cd...?

thanks man. we're working on an album. probably done in a month or so

IRAIL: beginning a little boring to me (repetitiveness) i like around 2:30 when it gets a little messier, it's more intense, but the guitar still annoys me, i would've loved some harmonic changes. fast-forwarding the track nothing then catches me, couldn't pay attention all track long. hope you appreciate my honesty.

Guest tht! tne

i skimmed it because it seemed slow

to get started and i think it has poten

tial but is kinda ambling in a bad way.

it could really all be tied together if you

had some kind of breakthrough higher

range synth come in and do a beautiful

melody or the way squarepushers voice

comes in on "square window" and peaks

out the electric piano or whatever that

had been noodling underneath in the mix.

thats also an example of proper counter

point with the pizzicato strings and voice.

Guest mushroom

The beginning is pure chill. I love it. After that it just seems a bit forced, like you were trying as hard as possible to change the tone by throwing a conflicting melody on top of it without regard to any sort of graceful transition. The rest of it is great, but it's that one moment that kind of leaves a mark on what remains. As it stands, it's a good track. I think if the beginning were fixed up it would be a god damned fantastic track. That bit at the end I don't really care for, but it's nothing major.

i like this a lot, start to finish. im quite impressed by the production aswell, it sounds pretty damn good. i'd also be interested in hearing more, so make sure you say something here at watmm when the album drops- im sure you will. peace.

Guest mushroom
so, you don't like the beginning, or the end?

not that i'm actually looking for criticism..

thanks for listening! :D

'snot that at all, I love everything that comprises this track, but not the way it's put together. There's two very distinct sections, but the way the first transitions into the second doesn't seem very cohesive. Like there's this nice, cool guitar thing going that reminds me of sunny days or some equally happy situation, and then you bring atmosphere that forewarns the god damned apocolypse over it without any sort of correlation between the two, conflicting melodies and all. What I'm saying here is that the sunny mood and the apocolyptic mood are both pulled off fantastically, but they aren't playing nicely at all in this track.

'snot that at all, I love everything that comprises this track, but not the way it's put together. There's two very distinct sections, but the way the first transitions into the second doesn't seem very cohesive. Like there's this nice, cool guitar thing going that reminds me of sunny days or some equally happy situation, and then you bring atmosphere that forewarns the god damned apocolypse over it without any sort of correlation between the two, conflicting melodies and all. What I'm saying here is that the sunny mood and the apocolyptic mood are both pulled off fantastically, but they aren't playing nicely at all in this track.

word. well, that's the way we played it, so that's the way it stays. i can't find anything about it that i don't like, personally.

thanks for returning to give the in depth perspective, i appreciate it

thanks to all who've listened so far. we are nearing a resolution for our first album, but it will all be rather varied in sound and direction.

Oh yeah......this is very cool.....it reminds me of the band Failure(sans vocals).....it evolves into a cleaner sounding 70s-era Tangerine Dream(which I love and recommend to anybody with ears).....the ending is really nice.....

Guest sinkfield

im_lovin_it_by_wrongsideout.jpg

lovin' it, specially when all the crazy percussion sounding bits come in

is it all acoustic instruments?

a very sparse and thin track

the last minute was pretty good, i guess,

and i liked the apocalyptic broodyness which created tension & suggested that the track might actually explode and/or go somewhere (which did not happen)

Archived