IGNORED

Your Studio

Guest Diao

Kuckooo Clock

You're going to be cursing yourself for revealing this ten years from now, when next-gen electronic music fanboys are scrambling for your "secret sound", heralding a trend for massive $10,000+ Kuckoo clock bid-offs on eBay.

Here is rhe kuckoo clock in effect its a double sample with one normal and one in 1st's to give that uneasy sound, thast my mum telling me off and samples of a upside down chin eskimo childrens programe forgot the nameof it now!

http://huzzitac.kaen.org/huzzistridekiller.mp3

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardware

Clavia Nord Micro Modular

Kawai K5000s

PAiA Fatman

Shure SM-57

Sony MZ R-35

Behringer 12 Channel Mixer

M-Audio Delta-66 with Omni I/O (and shitty annoying routing that made me buy the Behringer years later)

P4 2.8e w/ 1gig RAM

Software

ReNoise

Destroy FX VST effects

Soundforge

Fahz0r, do you like the BCR2000? I'm thinking of buying one.. (to control the cutoff and volume knobs of my XT and Rm1x, they are starting to fall off I think + it's great to control the mixer in SX)

ah 'tis a fine one in my oppinion

somehow, with the amount of knobs available, i always run short on them :/

I use it most of the time to control the Bassline plugin, but also for millions of other tweaks

EDIT:

if you means by controlling a mixer in SX, perhaps the BCS2000 (slider version) is better perhaps? I think it has like 8 sliders and 8 knobs, dunno if all of them are fully assignable. Dunno man, i'll let the dilemma on you :innocent:

Heheh, well, I bought one. For 129 euro's, dirt cheap (at dirk witte btw)!! The configuring of cubase/vsts/bcr2000/midi-setup made my brain explode at first but I got it sorted out I think (weird Sysex/NRPN assigning in SX3)... it's real good for controlling AudioRealism Bassline yeah... also for EQ'ing, volumes, sends/inserts... even controlling the placement of the cursor/scrubbing in cubase or realtime timestretchin..fucking sick... gonna use it in a liveset in two weeks... we'll see how solid and sturdy it is.. bedankt voor de opinie, ghehe..

Guest esquimaw

Ooo people shaw got some swanky toys.

My setup is a beautiful mixture of hi and lo fi:

Me and my ears

Powerbook G4 1ghz

M-Audio Firewire 410

Alesis Active M1 Monitors

Little Behringer mixer thing

Knackered old 70s Korg Monosynth

Guitars, amps, stompboxes etc

Midi keyboard, knobs, usb gamepad, wacom tablet

Some mics

Protools m-powered 6 - will get 7 when I've finished current project

Max/msp 4.5

Soundhack

Logic Pro 6.4 (hahahaha 'Pro' my rectum)

But that's my personal studio - the contents of the almighty Helvetica Scenario studio are too numerous and broken to mention.

Ha ha I use the following

Fruityloops 4 studio or producer can't remember, one but not the other

Drumsynth soooometimes for making noises

Orangator for making noises a bit more

A shitty oldass version of cool edit which I use for cutting off excess crap from sampling

A shitty standard pc mic for sampling beatboxing and voice stuff

Fully registered beatslicer, thank god

I like a minimalist setup, really pushes me to rock what I have instead of getting lost in the technics of new equipment. By the way by this post I propbably look like a total toy noob, um I do have a rough idea of what I'm doing. You gotta believe me!

Guest Mr. Magoo

hardware: korg triton

computer

digiradoo

homwmade synth - shitty electronic store one

drum kit

drum sticks and pads/used to learn snare drum

voice

minidisc

wanna buy a mc-303 for under $300, and one day raise money to buy a tb-303 for $1000

software: Fruity loops 5-for all production

demo of minimoog/ARP2600V/CS-80V/MOOG MODULAR- i still use voice recorder on xp to record sounds and import them in fruity loops

rebirth

the following are all samples:

tr-505

tr-606

tr-626

tr-707

tr-727

tr-808

tr-909

limited sh-01

plus i read some one here has a digiredoo, my question is, how can you use that for electronic music...etc...since i have also a digiredoo

some pics of my setup....

post-43-1136739368_thumb.jpg post-43-1136739431_thumb.jpg post-43-1136739468_thumb.jpg

post-43-1136739506_thumb.jpg post-43-1136739533_thumb.jpg post-43-1136739601_thumb.jpg

mostly i just write loops that i fuck around with live and record the results......

Heheh, well, I bought one. For 129 euro's, dirt cheap (at dirk witte btw)!! The configuring of cubase/vsts/bcr2000/midi-setup made my brain explode at first but I got it sorted out I think (weird Sysex/NRPN assigning in SX3)... it's real good for controlling AudioRealism Bassline yeah... also for EQ'ing, volumes, sends/inserts... even controlling the placement of the cursor/scrubbing in cubase or realtime timestretchin..fucking sick... gonna use it in a liveset in two weeks... we'll see how solid and sturdy it is.. bedankt voor de opinie, ghehe..

ah fucks!

bought mine at Dortmanns for the original price :( or did the price lower?

geen probleem :ok:

Guest Analogue Wings

post-43-1136739368_thumb.jpg post-43-1136739431_thumb.jpg post-43-1136739468_thumb.jpg

post-43-1136739506_thumb.jpg post-43-1136739533_thumb.jpg post-43-1136739601_thumb.jpg

mostly i just write loops that i fuck around with live and record the results......

you really should post some stuff on here. do you realize the WATMM in-joke potential of owning an Octave Kitten?

also, you have a DrumStation AND and Airbase? How would you compare those two boxes??

Fuck! That is a hardcore set up! We need more pics in this forum!!!

Guest Analogue Wings

you almost there, bro?

volg4: in your first pic, is that a modified 505 in the upper left corner..? between the blue guitar pedal and the faderbox (peavey 1600x?).

solid pc-monitor setup btw: dual 21" monitors is the way to go :grin:

Cubase SX & many Plug ins,

Piano,

Westone 'Thunder Guitar' and 'prime' 10W practice amp

Yamaha Bass with Bertaloni pick ups,

Korg MicroKorg

Wah Wah Pedal

Melodica

Small Behringer Mixer

Epiphone Acoustic Guitar

AKG C1000 mic

Shure SM58 Mic

Dod delay unit

Jesus I didn't realise I had so much stuff!

Track posted at a secret location for watmm only (you can hear other stuff on the main site):

http://www.dextro.co.uk/dextro%20listening%20room.htm

you really should post some stuff on here. do you realize the WATMM in-joke potential of owning an Octave Kitten?

also, you have a DrumStation AND and Airbase? How would you compare those two boxes??

most of my stuff is kinda shit.... ill post some more eventually

the kittens not mine :( but she was fondled extensively and with great joy ;) shes gone back home now...

i borrowed it from my mates, theyve got about 4 times what ive got, including a cat to go with the kitten :confused:

thats an a-station and super bass station, nearly bought a d-station for the sync output a few times, but found a cheap 8way midi thru with a sync24 output

fuckin intense! i lov eit
:cool: cheers, its all kinda snowballed since i got a job and found ebay, heheh

is that a modified 505 in the upper left corner..?

yeh, its a diy job so its touch and go with the handywork :) ....it sounds freaked out tho

solid pc-monitor setup btw: dual 21" monitors is the way to go :grin:

:wink2: if youve got the space and no back problems, lol, moving them is a bitch

i got both for less than a decent lcd and they both have dual input so my internet and music pc can use either or both monitors :sorcerer:

Snap you've got a UC33e like me!! :shade:

When did you get yours?

I've only started using the first row of knobs but I know its something that I can and will probably be using 10 years from now!

lol, mine just came in the mail yesterday, so I haven't really had a chance to do too much fuckery with it yet. It's something I've wanted for a long time though, and yeah, I'll probably use it till it craps out.

When did you get yours?

I've only started using the first row of knobs but I know its something that I can and will probably be using 10 years from now!

lol, mine just came in the mail yesterday, so I haven't really had a chance to do too much fuckery with it yet. It's something I've wanted for a long time though, and yeah, I'll probably use it till it craps out.

Nice. I got the impression it was a pretty new product. I got mine for Xmas. Got so many knobs that I know its gonna have long term use. At the mo I'm just using the front row. I hope to get some twiddly tunes up one day. :shade:

When did you get yours?

Nice. I got the impression it was a pretty new product. I got mine for Xmas. Got so many knobs that I know its gonna have long term use. At the mo I'm just using the front row. I hope to get some twiddly tunes up one day. :shade:

Yeah, I was really tired of recording one parameter at time, going back to a point and doing one thing at a time, so I think this will really help me not only record everything but pull off some better live stuff as well.

oh yeah, if you have any external hardware that requires sysex data to access their parameters, eventually I'm going to write a program that will map controller changes to sysex messages, to get even more bang out of your buck with it. Then it will truly be something to be reckoned with. If you need it, I'll let you know whenever I get that all worked out.

Guest Analogue Wings
oh yeah, if you have any external hardware that requires sysex data to access their parameters, eventually I'm going to write a program that will map controller changes to sysex messages, to get even more bang out of your buck with it. Then it will truly be something to be reckoned with. If you need it, I'll let you know whenever I get that all worked out.

I'm looking to control a Matrix-1000 (which is pretty much all sysex) with a knob box, so put me on your mailing list plz

Archived