IGNORED

Your Studio

Guest Diao

oh yeah, if you have any external hardware that requires sysex data to access their parameters, eventually I'm going to write a program that will map controller changes to sysex messages, to get even more bang out of your buck with it. Then it will truly be something to be reckoned with. If you need it, I'll let you know whenever I get that all worked out.

I'm looking to control a Matrix-1000 (which is pretty much all sysex) with a knob box, so put me on your mailing list plz

word, I've got to warn you though, it may be a while. Will be entirely customizable though, so you're in luck.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Analogue Wings

I'm looking to control a Matrix-1000 (which is pretty much all sysex) with a knob box, so put me on your mailing list plz

word, I've got to warn you though, it may be a while. Will be entirely customizable though, so you're in luck.

yes, but now that I've doubled your user base, you'll do it quicker :sorcerer:

yes, but now that I've doubled your user base, you'll do it quicker :sorcerer:

oh hey, just forgot about this! There's already a program I'm talking about, but I haven't used it as it's uncompatable with the type of MIDI messages I want to send/recieve. you can find it at http://bome.com/midi/translator/ and it may suit what you need to do. He just released a new version, but the previous version didn't accomodate checksums and sysex messages that were scaled to something besides 0-127 (ie: you couldn't really map, say, the delay time from 0-3000 ms, only 0-127ms, which is a big drawback in a lot of cases). Check it out though, maybe he implemented this and I don't even have to write the thing. I'd check right now, but I'm on my way out the door.

Guest minisystem

i just set up my new studio over christmas after my old one got flooded back in november (no damage thankfully).

post-538-1136951395_thumb.jpgpost-538-1136951594_thumb.jpg

post-538-1136951459_thumb.jpgpost-538-1136951477_thumb.jpg

post-538-1136951507_thumb.jpgpost-538-1136951542_thumb.jpg

post-538-1136951577_thumb.jpg

(yes, i know i have a problem)

Guest Analogue Wings
i just set up my new studio over christmas after my old one got flooded back in november (no damage thankfully).

post-538-1136951395_thumb.jpgpost-538-1136951594_thumb.jpg

post-538-1136951459_thumb.jpgpost-538-1136951477_thumb.jpg

post-538-1136951507_thumb.jpgpost-538-1136951542_thumb.jpg

post-538-1136951577_thumb.jpg

(yes, i know i have a problem)

lol nice museum studio

upload trax plz - go on, buck the trend!

i thought that for a second, but it's a small kitchen and the equiptment is in front of it (see pic 2). i suppose that's his living room.

Guest Analogue Wings
i thought that for a second, but it's a small kitchen and the equiptment is in front of it (see pic 2). i suppose that's his living room.

whatver it is, he is definitely NOT living with a girl :sorcerer:

Guest minisystem

whatver it is, he is definitely NOT living with a girl :sorcerer:

lol. its even worse than that. its in my in-laws basement, where we had to move after the flood. and yes, its the kitchen of the basement apartment. it smells funny sometimes...

Guest minisystem
how much is that lot worth?

ha! more than i'd care to tell the missus. whenver something arrives i'im like 'oh, that? yeah, that's just a loaner from my mate'.

her student loan has come in handy a few times though...

ha! more than i'd care to tell the missus.

You don't need a girl telling you whats what. If she's doing that you need to get rid of her.

is that a modified 505 in the upper left corner..?

yeh, its a diy job so its touch and go with the handywork :) ....it sounds freaked out tho

solid pc-monitor setup btw: dual 21" monitors is the way to go :grin:
:wink2: if youve got the space and no back problems, lol, moving them is a bitch

i got both for less than a decent lcd and they both have dual input so my internet and music pc can use either or both monitors :sorcerer:

Nice! 21" monitors are really cheap now indeed. Three months ago I picked up another monitor: an Ilyama 21" monitor for 80 euro's (2nd hand but still working perfectly). That's cheaper than a new 15" monitor..!

They do take up a lot of space though, yeah :wink2:

But the weight isn't too bad, I've never heard of a 21" monitor that weighs more than 40 kilos..

Cool 505 too.. what did you modify? And how did you do it? Do you have any audio samples online..?

Guest minisystem

ha! more than i'd care to tell the missus.

You don't need a girl telling you whats what. If she's doing that you need to get rid of her.

she's 7' tall and hairier than a gorrilla. i'll just keep it a secret. i don't want to have to get my jaw reset again.

Guest noradrenalin

i'm starting to cut mine down a bit.

all i really use since the last thread like this is:

roland mc-202

casio sk-1

yamaha fretless bass

behringer mixer

tascam 244 (first 4 track tape recorder made, from what i've read. kind of cool bit of info)

uher portable reel to reel tape recorder (just got this)

home made tape distortion box

lexicon reverb

ibanez delay

aphex 204

behringer compressor

a delay pedal

a multi fx pedal

lots of other shit that i either keep in a closet, hang on my wall (707, 727, 505 haha), or am in the process of selling off so i can get either a polysix or a juno or something of that kind

Guest thisket

2 microKORGs

Yamaha multi-purpose whatever keyboard

Realistic Concertmate 500

Casio PT-1

Casio VL-1

Behringer 16-channel mixer w/effects

effects box w/pedals and buttons and knobs

Alesis SR-16

Boss DR-550 mkII

Bos DR-202

bass guitar

weird tv/synth (stolen from my school's science dept.)

shortwave radio, microcassette recorder, md recorder, ancient tape recorder

Jaymar piano

A bunch of samples and a sequencer/303

Guest ambodino mutuumbooo

hardware

ibook G4 1,42Ghz

Midiman Oxygen8

Kawai SX210 synthesiezer

Roland D2 drum machine

Korg Kaoss Pad 2

Technics SL1200

a Mixer (at my mate's house)

Roland TR505

some random toy-style yamaha synth

guitars, basses and other instruments... I might forget some...

software

Abelton Live 4

Reason 3.03

Bias Peak 4

Moog Modular V2

Minimoog

NI Pro-53

Absynth3

Reaktor5

Archived