IGNORED

Glastonbury

Solo Strike

If so have you gone through the registration system yet? I need to do it, I don't want to keep forgetting then run out of time...

Surely AFX is due a performance this year, it's been years since he's played at Glasto. I remember 2004 he did a no-show which I was most annoyed about, no announcement he'd pulled out, just some soul/funk band taking the stage instead. I heard a rumour he had fallen in the mud and thrown a hissy fit about playing, probably bollocks but it's an amusing thought!

Glastonbury is always a good vibe anyway, I always enjoy myself when I go. Not quite as good as Glade mind, some of the scheduling leaves a lot to be desired (remember one year they stuck Bonobo on at 2am on the Glade stage, doh!). I would recommend avoiding the Pyramid Stage like fuck, too many middle-age, middle-class wankers with deckchairs bopping along to Jools Holland!

Have they announced any acts yet? I wanted to go for the first time but all my friends have decided that the fest option this year is the Big Chill

Surely AFX is due a performance this year, it's been years since he's played at Glasto. I remember 2004 he did a no-show which I was most annoyed about, no announcement he'd pulled out, just some soul/funk band taking the stage instead. I heard a rumour he had fallen in the mud and thrown a hissy fit about playing, probably bollocks but it's an amusing thought!

Yeah it was a right pisstake that, we were at the front hanging around for ages thinking maybe he'd just been delayed or something. I dunno that it was him that fell in the mud as such, I think he'd seen his arse about something and decided to not bother...

I've not preregistered and I'm not going to. Will hopefully get in to work there again and if not I'm not bothering...I can only afford one festival this year and that's going to be Glade.

Grizz - up to now they've announced the following: The Who, Arctic Monkeys, Bjork, Mika, Lily Allen, and some other rumours are flying around. Nothing to get excited about at the minute though really - imo of course!

Arctic Monkeys headlining saturday. Glastonbury is turning into a joke

Bjork and Arcade Fire are back to back on the Other Stage one night though. There will be loads of great stuff on over the weekend too.

Arctic Monkeys headlining saturday. Glastonbury is turning into a joke

Bjork and Arcade Fire are back to back on the Other Stage one night though. There will be loads of great stuff on over the weekend too.

I love bjork and Id love to see her live, but in a smallish indoors venue I really dont think you'd get all the effect with a slightly dodgy outdoor system

It's a fucking joke that you've got to register just to even have a chance of getting a ticket.

i might do this....i dunno. there's always decent bands playing somewhere at Glasto.

EDIT: Saying that I'm gonna register just because there's rumours of The Police and/or Genesis.

Have they announced any acts yet? I wanted to go for the first time but all my friends have decided that the fest option this year is the Big Chill

Big Chill's line ups seem to kinda suck. I'd say they have a handful of reasonable artists at best at each festival. There was a time when the Big Chill put on pretty sick parties with good line ups. I'm not sure who is running it now but they definitely aren't into different shit from when it originated.

The line up for Big Chill was brilliant last year! I'm hoping for a better line up this year. I have some friends that live next to one of Coldcut so we may be trying to blag as much as possible too as they're always there whether performing or whatever

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest sub sub

lineup is very top heavy with most of the good acts clashing on fri night. Can't see too many other interesting acts for the rest of the weekend that I know of. Any recommendations from peeps going this year?

The following was posted by Ben from Wrong Music (aka Demon Cabbage) on the GLadTalk board today:

Wrong Music Invade Spunky Sound System Tent For A Secret Mashup Party

Shitmat

Chevron

Mully

Demon Cabbage

DJ Tendraw

+ More probably

Look out for limited Edition Wrong Music @ Glasto CD and impromptu wrong busking sets around Glastonbury Festival!

Located in the J market area J2/15

http://www.spunky.co.uk/glasto2007.html

More Details Soon.....

Loads of good stuff on Saturday, G Stage has Noisia, Radioactive Man, Vex'd, Shitmat and Scotch Egg. Plenty of good stuff going on, I just hope everyone has the correct amount of waterproof clothing....

, I just hope everyone has the correct amount of waterproof clothing....

Gulp :omg:

I sure it will be fine...

I feel very positive at the moment, where I live the sun is shining and all is dry! I don't think it's gonna be awful but I fully expect a few showers. I'd rather it was sunny, but fuck it, it's my birthday and Glastonbury - I'll be too screwed to care!

Archived