IGNORED

new track, check it out

chim

i've been thinking alot about what kind of sounds i like, and i've decided to slow my tempo down abit and focus more on sound, sound design rather than pure melody, think about what sounds i like and such. here's what i came up with so far, i'm really ****ing satisfied with this track!

www.grendosa.net/crazyharij/derelic7-mantram.mp3

This is the second track of yours that i have reviewed today, and i don't mean to give you any shit or anything, but i didn't really like this at all.

It strikes me that most of the sounds you use are too generic to be labeled as dark. I her some bass plucking that reminds me of the theme from seinfield. The lead synth and pads work nicely, but the drums could have been alot heavier. Some electric drums would work nicely imo. The overal soundscape seems pretty generic, especially when you advertise it as dark ambient.

You got hella skills, dawg, but this shit just ain't that scary... :ermm:

PS: Isn't sampling rain getting a bit old?

Guest mushroom

that swell in the background at the beginning is cheesy as all hell...sounds like a preset

the beat's pretty good. the general atmosphere of the track doesn't really mesh well with the lead synth.

it stops and starts a bit too much without bringing anything terribly interesting in. and there's that damn cheesy swell again. the rain sample sounds nice, but it conflicts with everything else.

Archived