IGNORED

Tr-707 Users

Chris Moss Acid

LOAD

here is all my tr-707 patterns in a tape dump

you can load them into your 707 (if you want to) or whatever

here is what you do once you got the tape dump infomation

go into track play

put a 2.5mm lead from your sound device in to the back on the 707 in the -memory load- slot

press shift and Load

then a L will come up in the matrix play the tape dump and then press enter on the 707 once the 707 has found the infomation it'll change to F and dots will appear on the hi-tom once the tap dump has finished it'll go back to normal mode

then you'll have all my tr-707 patterns

here is the tape dump

http://huzzitac.kaen.org/707%20tape%20dump.mp3

SAVE

to save your patterns to tape (an audio recorder)

is almost the same as the load process

go into track

put a 2.5mm lead from the -memory save- to the line in on your computer

you'll hear a tone

press shift save and then enter and a "S" will appear on the matrix screen

then it'll start to load in the data to your computer

as it does dots will appear "as a timebar" on the high tom bit on the matrix once this goes 16 steps the transfer will stop and your patterns will be saved!

pretty cool huh!

Guest Adjective

tr707-virus.gif

if i get bored later i might try it out

i "put up" a lot of adaptors so i'd have to dig for it

can you load just some patterns or does it have to be a complete replacement

tr707-virus.gif

if i get bored later i might try it out

i "put up" a lot of adaptors so i'd have to dig for it

can you load just some patterns or does it have to be a complete replacement

complete replacement, but if you save it before hand you can go back to your original patterns easy, i just deleted all my patterns and loaded them back on again as its fun..

i also got an ESQ-1 chris moss acid Patch dump if anyone is intrested as well..

will this work with a 606

btw check out my 8 hour acid set http://z100.com/main.html

no it wont work with a 606

i cant find your 8 hour acid set *sob*

• 4 weeks later...

sweet! I had my 707 packed away 'cos I moved recently so I'm def gonna check out your patterns chris. Even listening to the mp3 is a trip..

sweet! I had my 707 packed away 'cos I moved recently so I'm def gonna check out your patterns chris. Even listening to the mp3 is a trip..

thats cool dude, i might do it isnce half of my patterns are fucked up for some reason

to be honest there pretty crap.. though i'll do my set at the moment if your intrested.. there much better

• 2 months later...

this is great.. i needed my old patches back.. and i remembered i dumped 4 banks of patterns here...with the tape dump...

ah it feels good ro get my data back via tape dumps

• 4 years later...

Bumping this because we don't have a general 707 thread.

Ever since my computer went wonky I haven't been able to do my usual firewire -> midi. So, as a challenge I'm trying to do a few tracks using a 707 as a sequencer. Frig this is hard. It doesn't even do B notes. Or G#. Not convenient at all. I do not envy you strictly hardware guys & your beeless, geeless songs.

I'm trying to do a few tracks using a 707 as a sequencer. Frig this is hard. It doesn't even do B notes. Or G#. Not convenient at all

Good gravy I just remembered my Poly 800 has a built in midi sequencer. 256 steps, easy chords, 4 octave keyboard. Say what you will about the tone being cheese but that's pretty decent sequents

Bumping this because we don't have a general 707 thread.

Ever since my computer went wonky I haven't been able to do my usual firewire -> midi. So, as a challenge I'm trying to do a few tracks using a 707 as a sequencer. Frig this is hard. It doesn't even do B notes. Or G#. Not convenient at all. I do not envy you strictly hardware guys & your beeless, geeless songs.

generally a bad idea, it just takes a lot more effort when it needn't.. the much fabled story of mr.fingers doing this on most of the amnesia LP is wrong, he used the rim shot trigger to trigger sequences.

Speaking of tr-707s, I've noticed a fair amount (mine included) tend to get a touchy power socket, i.e. I have to angle the connection just right to get power. Do you know if there are readily available replacement parts or some other work around?

This literally renders my 707 gig-unworthy as the slightest bump can power it down.

Mine has a tendency to slip off tempo on it's own after a few minutes. Some folk might say that's part of the old school analog charm or some such, but to me it just sounds like robot fat kid not being able to keep up on the drums.

Speaking of tr-707s, I've noticed a fair amount (mine included) tend to get a touchy power socket, i.e. I have to angle the connection just right to get power. Do you know if there are readily available replacement parts or some other work around?

This literally renders my 707 gig-unworthy as the slightest bump can power it down.

it has battery power though..

Some folk might say that's part of the old school analog charm or some such, but to me it just sounds like robot fat kid not being able to keep up on the drums.

lol, nice one :)

it has battery power though..

The batteries are only there to keep the memory intact. Power is still required.

Also, interesting to hear that this seems to be somewhat widespread. My 727 that I bought ages ago actually had the socket removed and a aftermarket power adapter soldered directly to it when I bought it.

Also, interesting to hear that this seems to be somewhat widespread. My 727 that I bought ages ago actually had the socket removed and a aftermarket power adapter soldered directly to it when I bought it.

I figured it was widespread when the three 707s I've ever touched all had the same problem lol

Yeah, my 707 has the same problem with the power socket. The synth tech I go to says it's an easy fix.

What's the fix?

I don't know, but he says it's quick and easy. I'm going to pick up some gear from him on Friday and he said he could do the fix while I wait.

Archived