IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

resurrection..

,,but

peverelist.. infinity is now and junktion... wow!

Haven't been able to find this, but I love Peverelist's other stuff.

Guest Soothsayer

I'm still waiting on that new Peverelist, myself...really loved the single he just released w/Appleblim.

In other news, the new Tunnidge single on Deep Medi is *very* nice(esp. the b-side)

edit: and for ultra-badass...check this snippet of a new Matty G track he dropped live recently, can't wait for this to get released

Edited by Soothsayer

i'm liking the early hiphop feel on this one-sided 12" from loefah that's been knocking around a while according to wire mag

loefah - it's yours

like nearly all loefah it's leadheavy halftime trudgestep an ting. but in a good way.

Guest Soothsayer
i'm liking the early hiphop feel on this one-sided 12" from loefah that's been knocking around a while according to wire mag

loefah - it's yours

like nearly all loefah it's leadheavy halftime trudgestep an ting. but in a good way.

*all* heavy-handed, halftime sludge Loefah tracks are a good way!!!! Disko Rekah gets played almost once a day at my house!

But seriously...that Matty G track I posted up on that youtube, I mean, damn!!! For a youtube live bootleg quality, you can already tell that track is amazing. Matty G is probably my favorite dubstep producer right now(and has been for a while).

Guest analogue wings

Apparently Supa D has done a funky house mix of "Night". Anyone heard it? I'm (morbidly) interested...

new Digital Mystikz!

so fuckin bad ass!

yeah, lovin that Loefah as well....minimal perfection!

Goat Stare is one of the best tracks ever written!

AHHHH!

Guest Soothsayer

Finally got that new Peverelist...pretty fucking amazing(as I expected)

Keep an eye out for Reso & Roguestar's "No Such Thing as Fate", fucking amazing new track

Guest Promo
are people still listening to this stuff?

Hell yeah its got a huge following now!! Absolutely blown the roof off. You only need see the amount of dubstep nights now. Fair play if it ain't you bag but for me its fucking incredible to dance too if you're into clubbing in any shape or form and the 2 step/garage crossover vibe get's asses moving too.

Benga and Coki!

hehehe....

Benga: »Well, I was at my house, ’cause everything's at home. I'm a software guy... Anyway, Coki just came round, and we was building like every three weeks, and we came up with so many things, like normal basslines, string riffs, and we thought that just doesn't sound fresh enough. So the actual noise in there is just a normal sine wave with pitch bend, it just sounded right. I don't know how we got to that stage, but it just sounded right.«

RBMA: »So you were playing around with sounds, and that one came up and you said: ”That's it!“ So you built around the sound... Can we play now? Let's give it a try.«

(music: Benga & Coki - Night)

Benga: »Wheel-up, ha ha!«

RBMA: »So glad you wheeled it. So this record has burst out of the dubstep scene, hasn't it? People in Malia are playing it, the grime lot are playing it, it's being played by all sorts of different people. What happened with it?«

Benga: »Well, as far as I know, it first went out to Skepta, from Boy Better Know, and they went out with it to Malia and Ayia Napa, and what I heard was EZ got hold of it, and he played it as his last song. ’Cause he was more on the vibe of 'What is this?', E more played it as something weird at the end of his set, rather than as something that hit him and he was like: ”This is the song!“ But then, it created a vibe like how it is in dubstep.«

RBMA: »Someone was telling me about youtube clips of people who aren't from the dubstep scene going absolutely mental to the tune.«

Benga: »Yeah, I saw that myself, it always shocks me when I see people from different genres going mad for a song. It must make sense because of the hook. When I speak to you all afterwards, that's what you're gonna all be doing to me... catchy.«

RBMA: »There's a funny story, too, about Skream ringing you up to tell you about a bus load of people in Israel going: ”Boo boo boo!“«

Benga: »Ha ha! Yeah, it's a universal language that little noise.«