IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
saw kode 9 play in LA this weekend. half of what he played was crap and half made me dance. oh and martyn played too but he was playing some really deep stuff and the mood wasnt quite rigth in the club (too empty maybe) so it was only ok

wow was brainfeeder empty in LA?

shit was bangin out here in sf

easily 300 people+ maybe closer to 4 or 5

special guests: lazersword and Mophono/Dj Centipede

but

kode9 sucked balls

serious

first time i've seen him and i walked out maybe 4 records in

decided to smoke cigarettes until fly-lo went on

it wasnt that busy. but everyone seemed to be outside most of the night. when martyn came on you could move on the dancefloor but not outside. everyone was in for lotus and daedelus but it still wasnt full. and despite that they made us queue for ages outside. idiots. plus i never seen valet for a club before. crazy world

maybe the club was just bigger in la but i can't tell how may people were there.

edit: and kode9 was ok. when i was stood at the back getting a drink it sounded awful. the music was too busy or something but when i moved to the front i enjoyed it a lot more. the toilet stalls were vibrating and i shit myself

Edited by Benedict Cumberbatch

saw kode 9 play in LA this weekend. half of what he played was crap and half made me dance. oh and martyn played too but he was playing some really deep stuff and the mood wasnt quite rigth in the club (too empty maybe) so it was only ok

wow was brainfeeder empty in LA?

shit was bangin out here in sf

easily 300 people+ maybe closer to 4 or 5

special guests: lazersword and Mophono/Dj Centipede

but

kode9 sucked balls

serious

first time i've seen him and i walked out maybe 4 records in

decided to smoke cigarettes until fly-lo went on

it wasnt that busy. but everyone seemed to be outside most of the night. when martyn came on you could move on the dancefloor but not outside. everyone was in for lotus and daedelus but it still wasnt full. and despite that they made us queue for ages outside. idiots. plus i never seen valet for a club before. crazy world

maybe the club was just bigger in la but i can't tell how may people were there.

Sounds like a good show, seeing Martyn on Friday and PUMPED!

Cal Cutta tore it apart last night!!!!!

Word, son. Cal got the whole place dancing on more than one occasion. I really hope they invite you back! Also, I need to record a mix & see if they'll have me up one of these days..

New Neil Landstrumm, Distance, Kromestar/Hatcha and Zomby are incredible!

'Brother's Grim' by Kromestar & Hatcha is a bad rip,

The Zomby copy I have though doesn't seem like the whole lp....

both versions are damn good previews though......

This dubstep shit is movin'!

Edited by Atop

Guest Soothsayer

TheWiddler, dude's on some wholly other shit right now...I'm guessing this guy's name is gonna get a bit more popular soon. He started by just posting tracks at random on dsf, and the hype picked up bigtime.

Guest Soothsayer

WAR006 leaked, so that Matty G track I go on and on about("Dominator"), is out!!! Damn tasty sounding 320, too...

Yep, my day is officially made. Fuck it, my week's made. Favorite...dubstep song....ever!

WAR006 leaked, so that Matty G track I go on and on about("Dominator"), is out!!! Damn tasty sounding 320, too...

Yep, my day is officially made. Fuck it, my week's made. Favorite...dubstep song....ever!

Yay INDEED!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Soothsayer

I can't believe Rusko remixed Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl". Hope that paycheck was good, 'cause damn that song annoys the shit out of me(haven't had the heart to listen to Rusko's mix yet, just too scared)

On the other hand, if I haven't mentioned this before, Pinch's remix of Simian Mobile Disco's "I Believe" is the fucking dopest track ever.

so lets get an update from everybody

What mainstream sources have you heard a dubstep like bass warble and/or straight up unmistakable dubstep emanating from?

commercial? TV show? MTV segwey? big league Rap production?

lets make a collective bet, people choose sides

---Will it take Fox News more than 4 years from now to start using dubstep music in the background?---

Edited by Awepittance

Guest Soothsayer

I hate to say this, but I'm really behind, I'm only just catching up to Eliot Lipp doing Scion commercials...no dubstep(yet)

What mainstream sources have you heard a dubstep like bass warble and/or straight up unmistakable dubstep emanating from?

so blatant

---Will it take Fox News more than 4 years from now to start using dubstep music in the background?---

i heard a wobbler on an ad recently, it made me sad. it will be subsumed into the mainstream just like dnb before it. it's inevitable.

so blatant

i heard a wobbler on an ad recently, it made me sad. it will be subsumed into the mainstream just like dnb before it. it's inevitable.

KAINI delivers! what level of popularity is that chick int he video, Ive never heard of her

Guest mrcopyandpaste
I can't believe Rusko remixed Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl".

saw rusko live in derby last friday, he played that and it was shit. rest of the set was heavy as fuck though.

oh and check this out:

dsc01100zh2.jpg

he was well friendly, funny as well. i was just coming out half way through supports set to get my girlfriend in, and the doorman was all 'oo are yoo' to a man in a rather tall hat and i was shocked to overhear that he was our rusky-boy

Edited by mrcopyandpaste

so blatant

KAINI delivers! what level of popularity is that chick int he video, Ive never heard of her

that's britney spears.

i actually hope you're not being sarcastic, i'd like to think there are a few people left unaware of that particular talent-void.

so blatant

that's britney spears.

i actually hope you're not being sarcastic, i'd like to think there are a few people left unaware of that particular talent-void.

i was not ! probably didn't recognize her because of all the auto-tune :rolleyes:

should i be proud of this ? haha

Edited by Awepittance

kaini, i agree that the same thing that happened to D&B will happen to dubstep, but why are so many people thinking the genre is going to die such a quick death? aren't these two outcomes mutually exclusive?

Guest mrcopyandpaste

I think elements of dubstep could possibly work their way into the mainstream, but only similar to the way that dizzee rascal apparently took grime into the mainstream. ie, there'll be bullshit but the underground scene will remain keeping the original fans happy.

i cant really see pop-listeners lapping up hurtful basslines to be honest.