IGNORED

Bee Closet

tarsier888

my song!!

first completed song using logic

its rough copy, im going to make it longer and change all the melodies and synthesizer stuff tomorrow,

i just did a bunch of quick little synth stuff to see what it would sound like with a melodys over top of it

so yeah, tell me what you guys think

also when i bounced it it screwed up and the sound cuts out randomly and screws up at the end so dont mind that

it will sound a lot better when its finished

but right now i wanna know what you guys think and what i should fix or change

Bee_Closet.mp3

this is the best track i've heard by you Tarsier - I like the synths and the melancholic atmosphere - nice drums too - remind me a bit of Global Goon.

the mastering/sound quality needs work - the drums need to be clearer and more punchy in the mix, as does the chime-y type sound, but i'm sure you'll sort that out on your final version.

apart from that though, it's wicked, don't change the arrangement or notation IMO.

good track!

Guest tht! tne

you got plenty of good variation in the

drums thats what it takes to keep the

listeners attention im with BCM that

the synths are good you might leave

them as they are otherwise its a bit

bass heavy in the mix i would increase

the volume in the higher register a bit.

you say it's you're first completed song

then you say it needs work - which it does

either way i think, melodically and timbrally (is that a word?) , this is the most agreeable YLC track ive heard today (so far)

also nice title - a bee is my favourite animal

Guest Emptyhandz

The drums are very good, well sliced, and I like the melody. I'm not particularly keen on the chime-y voice, i find it kind of irritating for some reason. Thats probably just personal taste though...

tartsier...

i haven't listened to the track, though i might soon.

just a word of advice.

i saw you were looking for drum samples in mp3 format the other day.

never start with precompressed files.

by the time your daw has mixed it with everything else, and you mp3 it up to post on the web, it will sound spectacularly shit.

use high quality samples to begin with, and you've got 2,3,4,maybe even 5 times as much data to work with, therefore more headroom to produce exactly what you want rather than a limp version.

no offense, as i say, i haven't actually heard your musics. just don't start with mp3 samples, thassall.

:winky sort of smiley gif:

thanks a lot for the replies guys

and loganfive i actually think the drums sound very nice! ( clear )

and even in my travels i come across bad quality drums mp3s i will still use them because the bad quality has a mood of its own, in my opinion clear crisp drums aren't always the way to go

well i finished it... i worked on nothing but it since i first posted this topic, it's sad isn't it.. and i don't even think it has been improved

i sat for hours trying to make crap that would fit with the beat but i ended up deleting it all every time, very frustrating

i finally came up with something that sounded decent and kept it

but now whenever i listen to the song it makes me angry

so i will leave it up to you guys to judge, did i improve the song or did i make it worse?

(i also renamed the track, sorry bee guy)

edit - well the uploading attachment is taking a million years

i liked the beginning of the first take better. in the new version the drums come in awkwardly... i may be wrong since i'm dead tired. something seems missing. I would have to say I like the first one better... you tried too hard to change it when in most cases what it is, is what its goin to be. Great track though... it got into my bones.

Archived