IGNORED

Work Sucks

acid1

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

similarly, here i am, on vacation, with the cold that ate chicago.

i don't think it ever stops unless you're richard d. james. then it never starts.

So your on vacation and you can't make tunes because you don't have a laptop on you?

I usually write music at work, but I've been trying a new approach where I engineer all my patches and fxp's and sounds ahead of time. Makes finishing tracks easier. But now all my sounds are at home.

Kinda hard to do sound designing at work

Guest skytree
I usually write music at work, but I've been trying a new approach where I engineer all my patches and fxp's and sounds ahead of time. Makes finishing tracks easier. But now all my sounds are at home.

Kinda hard to do sound designing at work

This is usually what I do too...I get all of the components recorded at home, and then piece them together and tweak the sounds at work if and when I have time. Half of my cubicle turns into a mini-studio occasionally, and no one seems to mind. Still, I wish I had a lot more time to work on music...having a full-time job and girlfriend limits my hours for making music. The flip side is that I use what time I have much more efficiently.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD
So your on vacation and you can't make tunes because you don't have a laptop on you?

no i have all my stuff with me i was just incoherent with sickness

i have since recovered a bit and started doing stuff

• 2 weeks later...
i agree. i'd much rather make tunes all the time, but i gotta pay the rent! hey, whaddya gonna do?

Here here! And the worst part is, I can actually feel my job sucking all my insparation and creativity from me... I wish I could make it a work SO FUCKIN BAD! :pinch: DOH!

Archived