IGNORED

ASIO4ALL Help

Guest idrn

Guest Idiron

basically, ive left asio UAX soundcard at home but have a gig with my band this sunday and am kinda screwed. i installed my old crappy sound blaster MP3+ external soundcard to use but such as there is massive latency issues on the default laptop soundcard, there is on this too. when i play notes there is a delay before i hear a sound - which is unacceptable when youre playing in a band, so i installed ASIO4ALL in the hopes of using that. unfortunately, altho it seems to be installed fine on my pc and the control panel is working fine in offline mode, there is no ASIO option within ableton 6 when selecting the audio device!

hmmmmm, try going into "help" and selecting Hardware and Driver Settings and selecting your soundcard in there or ASIO in there or something anyway...

then try selecting ASIO in "Preferences"/ Audio Device etc..

might work, probably already tried it though...

i dunno really - I thought Ableton 6 was fully ASIO enabled?

Guest Idiron

of course ive already tried all this. the odd thing is that if i disable inputs in the offline asio panel, then when i open ableton in both of the options of Sound Blaster DX or Sound Blaster Wave the inputs are disabled. but im still not benefitting from any of that sweet sweet ASSio

of course ive already tried all this.

alright mate, keep your hair on.... :wink:

of course ive already tried all this. the odd thing is that if i disable inputs in the offline asio panel, then when i open ableton in both of the options of Sound Blaster DX or Sound Blaster Wave the inputs are disabled. but im still not benefitting from any of that sweet sweet ASSio

fuck knows then. i'm rubbish.

I know it seems obvious, but have you made sure that you've enabled your external card in ASIO, i.e made it green and disabled the other [internal] card (i.e. not green)

asio.jpg

Archived