IGNORED

This is kind of pathetic, but I need some help with this synth

Squee

I know this ought to be a rather simple waveform synth, but I've been trying for days to get it sound like in this sample (which by the way is from Radiohead's Exit Music (For A Film) ). It's really pathetic, I know, but it's just that saw or pulse-synth, but the synth in the sample sounds a lot more open and vivid, if you know what I mean. So please, no flaming because I do know it's a stupid question, but I'm obviously doing something wrong here.

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞
I know this ought to be a rather simple waveform synth, but I've been trying for days to get it sound like in this sample (which by the way is from Radiohead's Exit Music (For A Film) ). It's really pathetic, I know, but it's just that saw or pulse-synth, but the synth in the sample sounds a lot more open and vivid, if you know what I mean. So please, no flaming because I do know it's a stupid question, but I'm obviously doing something wrong here.

where are the samples? :confused:

where are the samples? :confused:

Fuck! I knew it...

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

here's a stereo separation (fading from mono signal only to fully separated)

it sounds more separate and vivid because it's has the widest stereo image - probably chorus, or just detuned stereo oscillators in the synth. Also, mastering brings out such details. don't know if that really helps you recreate it though :)

Guest hageir

hey!

there are no stupid questions! ..remember that! :)

1st of all, do you want the bass synth (saw wave) or the 'higher pitched' string like sound that syntheme seperated from the sample?

it sounds more separate and vivid because it's has the widest stereo image - probably chorus, or just detuned stereo oscillators in the synth. Also, mastering brings out such details. don't know if that really helps you recreate it though :)

Thanks, but I was actually refering to the bass synth :)

The high pitched thingie is a guitar getting fisted until it sets on fire - at least that's what I make of it.

hey!

1st of all, do you want the bass synth (saw wave) or the 'higher pitched' string like sound that syntheme seperated from the sample?

The bass synth, thank you :)

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

Thanks, but I was actually refering to the bass synth :)

The high pitched thingie is a guitar getting fisted until it sets on fire - at least that's what I make of it.

hey!

The bass synth, thank you :)

aaaaaaah! ok - it sort of sounds like a bass guitar (or a bass synth) through fuzz distortion, eq'd to bring out the buzzy harmonics, not totally sure on that though

Guest hageir

^

when he mentions it it does sound like a bass going through a bass synth + fuzz (big muff maybe)

but it might be a synth through a slight fuzz

with a below medium speed modulation..

Guest Wall Bird

I read an interview with Colin Greenwood a few years ago where he said that it was him playing bass through a cheap-looking fuzz pedal that he found in a Japanese pawnshop. I wish I knew what kind of pedal it was, because I really enjoy that tone. I've been searching for a pedal that sounds like it for some time.

Archived